Box Blind Ideas/What’s your Set up

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by EricksHunt, May 28, 2019.

1. BelieveX

BelieveX

2. johnIV

johnIV

Pretty Tajmahalish. Probably a much better rifle stand. Especially if hunting from the deck.

3. Biggbear

Biggbear

I like that covered deck for bow hunting alot. When I built my elevated blind it has a deck on the entry side that's about 30 inches deep that runs the width of the platform, just gives you someplace to stand when you come up the stairs to get the door open. After I had hunted that blind about twice I was kicking myself for not making that deck deeper, 4 feet or so, that way I could have bow hunted from it. That's one advantage of building them yourself, the possibilities are endless.

johnIV likes this.
  4. johnIV

johnIV

I considered a box blind with a small entrance area deck but in the end decided on a bottom entry hatch. It leaves all 4 walls open for full width windows. I do wish on some mild early season days that I had a deck to put a lawn chair on. Especially during the youth hunt with the grand daughters. Maybe next time.

5. BelieveX

BelieveX

My wife called it the "Taj Mahal " as it was being built. She helped me with the roof in early October. Soon after it was renamed the "Hernia Hut". Good news is she made a full recovery.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

tom_the_chemist likes this.
  6. BelieveX

BelieveX

My first design in 2000 had the trap door entry. Dropped my Mr Heater down the hole once. Needed too much work so I redesigned it and moved west. Much better now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. johnIV

johnIV

So far so good on my hatch door system but I DO at times wish I had a deck on those warmer fall days.

8. uofmball1

uofmball1

I have turned 2 blinds into wheelchair accessible blinds. The first one is a large 7x7 or 8x8 that we just cut the side open and put hinges on the bottom and turned it into a ramp the other one had a door that was wide enough and we took the hinges off the side and again put them on the bottom. If he is in a wheel chair be careful what carpet you put in there because when they try to spin it can get caught in the wheels so no carpet might be best.

Waif and MichMac like this.
  9. TrailMarker

TrailMarker

Here is what I started with yesterday, I figure it took me about 90 minutes and 1 gallon of stain/paint with a sprayer and 1/2 used out of a black paint rattle can F81D4E74-38D8-43C4-BA55-D95B261C98E3.jpeg 2C05349F-A63B-4D16-A310-DE1BAF3ADED4.jpeg FDA384A0-2910-49BC-AC54-A90740BBBDA1.jpeg E20BD864-FE34-48DA-BF74-06B8690A455B.jpeg

10. 12Point

12Point

I built my last one using corrugated plastic panels to make it as light as possible since I elevate 10ft onto a platform by hand. The plastic panels are available at Home Depot and are used for greenhouses. Most colors are clear/see through, except for the green color that I used. 6x6 walls with 1ft peak in roof. Walls weighed something like 6 or 7 lbs each. Built in barn, disassembled, then each section carried up the platform and set into place. Roof was heavier since I used steel. I wasn't comfortable using the plastic on top. After reassembly on the platform, I added the door, windows, 1 inch blue board insulation, and finished the interior with luan sheets, and added corner trim pieces. I painted the white outside corners and windows since the pics and painted the interior black 20190806_191622.jpeg 20190809_175658.jpeg 20190815_171126.jpeg 20190816_185116.jpeg 20190818_115542.jpeg

Airoh, stickbow shooter and pgpn123 like this.