Bows

Discussion in 'Archery' started by mjh4, Mar 19, 2018.

1. mjh4

mjh4

2. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

4. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

I please for them all .I use a compound but currently am making a longbow to finish my bow hunting experience .Cross bows are beyond my expertise or i would make one of them too .

mjh4 likes this.
  5. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

If you have built a long bow then use it for hunting if you are comfortable shooting it.

6. mattawanhunter

mattawanhunter

I'm looking for a used recurve that I can just target shoot with in the yard I'm not going to hunt with it, I'd like it to be wood and ornate, so I can hang it up in the basement and enoy it without breaking the bank!

7. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

It is what You Can Shoot Comfortable, Some miss the point that a Recurve draw weight is XX Lb's and think that weight will be easy to draw then find they cannot shot a recurve with that draw weight and it is very different than a Compound where you can because it has Let Off that Allows one to draw it at a higher draw weight. This is where more that do shoot a Recurve only shoot 40 or 45 draw weight and can shoot well with one. It also what the Bow Feels Like in One's Hand. The feel is important this is why some like this brand over that brand it is about how it feels and how one can shoot it...

At least for me I like an Oneida but it is an older model (1997) Lite Force Magnum does all I need for a Hunting Bow... Not all like this brand. But for no cable guard, can change my string no press needed and once it is set up just shoot when I can to get the Practice I need to be good to take a Shot at a Deer! Some don't like that brand and I am okay with that It is an Archer Personal Choice what they Like & Shoot...
    Newaygo1

mjh4 and Dish7 like this.
  8. michael marrs

michael marrs

it depends on your skill level, mine on a recurve is not good enough, however, I would think a recurve/longbow deer would be more rewarding

9. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

For me taking a big game animal is way more rewarding when using either a longbow or recurve. As Clay Hayes says." We as humans try and make everything easy, if we don't watch out. We just might get there." Alot of truth in that. Nothing wrong with compounds . But Xbows ,well it's just not the same feeling to me. When using either a compound or a Traditional bow its like I'm hunting the animal. But when I used a xbow, it's like I was just waiting to kill the animal.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    mjh4, jr28schalm and michael marrs like this.
  10. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

mjh4 likes this.
  11. otcarcher

otcarcher

Single string only for me right now. That said, use whatever makes you happy....x-bow included.