Bow rider trolling

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by dabarra3, Feb 25, 2018.

1. dabarra3

dabarra3

IMG_4247.JPG sold the little aluminum fishing boat because the kids wanted to tube and ski, bought this boat and still want to troll for some walleye. I ordered some adjustable clamp on tube rod holders. Anybody have any other tips or is it just as easy to fish out of and still enjoy the water sports too.

2. ro2

ro2

I was in the same spot. Wanted to be able to fish but also needed to change back to family boat quickly. I used a 2x6 with pvc tubes clamped on it for rod holders. biggest thing for me was getting the boat to slow down, Trolling bags were my answer. If you plan on hitting the bog water I would strongly sugeest a vhf radio if your boat is not already equipped with one. A handheld unit did the job for me

3. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Tracks and a trolling plate, or bags. Easily removed for pleasure boating.

(Little Dave, is that you?)

4. dabarra3

dabarra3

Howdy Ralph, yes sir it is.

5. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Dude, how's your mon and dad?

Lost touch since you guys went to Oscoda! If you need some rigging advice... I rigged that Formula...lol

6. dabarra3

dabarra3

Mom's doing ok, lost my best friend and fishing partner (dad) in august, aggressive brain tumors.

7. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Damn!

Sorry, Dave! Give your mom our best

8. dabarra3

dabarra3

Wondering if the inside grab rails are strong enough to fish off of with these[​IMG]

9. jaypluggin

jaypluggin

AB981373-36C5-49F6-AC3C-79BBA3220EEB.jpeg CF0BBA82-17A4-446F-BD86-500EFCC0E901.jpeg I second the track system. My salmon boat converts to a fishing machine in minutes.

dabarra3 likes this.
  10. dabarra3

dabarra3

IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4893.JPG Well here's what I came up with for now, seems to work

11. growninmi

growninmi

For a trolling motor I suggest this..

If big water trolling is goal, and not so much on river.. however river works too as back trolling.
    It's also convienent for pulling away from dock.
    Typically better on an out board based on steering. Inboard will have power steering but...you can still turn steering wheel while engine is off, so will work on inboard.

They have a 24 volt..I'd suggest that based on less battery costs and weight.

https://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/d...em.html?category_id=20870&catalogitemid=35263

12. growninmi

growninmi

As for a rod holders...I suggest a piece of lumber where your back seats would raise up to be sun deck. Have wood sit where the raised seat would and mount your rod holders to the wood. Remove it when not going fishing, just as you would remove seat cushion.

dabarra3 likes this.