BorX O fire roe cure???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by fish em all, Sep 28, 2012.

1. diztortion

diztortion

You can use it on loose eggs.

2. steely74

steely74

Yes just don't use a lot of it, its real powerful stuff. Its better to use less than too much. Also follow the directions carefully, its best to use jars and turn them every day and night. Leave them at room temp for the first hour so the egg juices can really start flowing.

I started using it before all the youtube videos and other stuff and used a little too much and it completely dissolved the skein on my spawn. SO I ended up tying bags with it for steel and I did well. I have used firecure and borax ofire, the stuff does work but doesn't work as well for me as my homemade cures. My homemade cures take a more time but its worth it to me.

Every year I try new cures to see what works best for me since results vary person to person as well as what they have confidence in. That's the fun part of this game, there is always something new to learn.

It seems everyone has different experiences with it and everyone fishes different waters so you never know...

I like kinda dry, and easy to handle spawn that doesn't stain my hands and I also like the skein to be left in tact.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

3. MIFishnhunt

MIFishnhunt

I'm planning on tying up some loose eggs into bags for steelhead. When should i start tying, when the juice in in the bag or should i jet them dry?

4. steely74

steely74

With the firecure, it sucks the juice out of the egg and then the egg reabsorbs the juice. Have to let the cure do its work and wait until most of the juice is reabsorbed back into the egg. If you don't give the juice a chance to get back into the egg they will be hard and dry and won't milk well. Hope this helps...

5. MIFishnhunt

MIFishnhunt