Bored in the tree stand?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by imjon, Apr 10, 2018.

1. imjon

imjon

Grab some cotton balls out of the medicine chest. Tear off small pieces and let them float away. You'll be surprised at how many different directions it can take.

2. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Milk weed fluff works better

jrose, DecoySlayer and Dish7 like this.

3. mjh4

mjh4

I play the hand held Yahtzee game I have shot a lot of bucks while right in the middle of the game. It's my go to good luck charm the bucks seem to come out of nowhere while playing Yahtzee (always works) give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

4. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Hang a little bird feeder a half dozen feet away. I never get tired of watching the chickadees and a few of their buddies endlessly coming and going. The deer do not seem to pay any attention at all to the birds, they might even cover a little human movement.

Caveat: Not for rabid anti-baiting folks. The chickadees tend to drop a few seeds and a deer might find them. FM

5. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

FM I thought of doing the same thing lol.

6. Hear fishy fishy

Hear fishy fishy

Yes this works well. When the deer look your way and think they see something and a bird flys off they just go back to whatever they were doing. If you get a slow time the birds are nice to watch also.

7. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

We have feeders in all of our blinds and never run out of things to watch.

8. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I used to love watching weasels where I used to hunt in PA. They were non-stop entertainment.

9. LWCClub

LWCClub

I have wanted to try the bird feeder thing but I’m in the NELP no recreational feeding area and I’m afraid I’d get ticketed....even with thistle or traditional bird seed. Also I can’t leave a bird feeder out at the cabin in the spring and fall without a bear taking it, pretty sure the same thing would happen at my blind. Anything you know of that wouldn’t attract bears or get me busted for “recreational feeding” because as you say....some ends up on the ground.

10. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Being a firearm hunter I feed the birds only a couple days, sometimes less, before season and stop the last day of my hunt. Chickadees seem to find it almost immediately. If I lean forward in my blind I can touch the makeshift feeder with my rifle barrel.

With a feeder up close and personal and holding only a couple quarts of seed I doubt even the most hardened ticket monger would write paper for fear of his or her colleagues, much less the judge, laughing them out of the courtroom. FM

LWCClub likes this.