close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Boots, Camo, and other spendy stuff

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by Pieter, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Pieter

Pieter

Hey all - I'm in the market for some new camo and boots. Normally, I hunt out of a ground blind with plenty of cover so my gear is pretty relaxed as far as pattern, warmth, and noise level. Toss on some every day winter boots and I can sit in the blind and no deer would see the difference. However, this year, I'm getting into bow hunting and using stands where I'll be totally exposed....

Just seeing what you guys think and recommend for boots and outerwear for moderate prices. I know - you get what you pay for... I have plenty of warm base-layers but I need outer jacket/pants and rain gear.

I've also been looking at Under Armour's hunting line up - not too pricey and I know UA has great stuff. Anyone ever used it?

Much appreciated!

2. syonker

syonker

Consider an outer layer of ASAT leafy camo with some sort of scent loc underneath that .

3. Bms

Bms

I wouldn't get too worried about what boots and camo pattern or scentlok. I do believe the open pattern stuff (like asat) helps a little more, not a substantial amount. I think the scentlok thing is a scam,
    (That myself used to believe in also) you still need to hunt smart scent wise. If you hunt smart they never smell you to begin with. Get some good warm clothes and cheap camo to go over it.

4. WAUB-MUKWA

WAUB-MUKWA

I just buy what ever was available at the best lowest price. Animals could care less what type of camo you use or buy. It doesn't matter, they still smell and see you no matter what you wear. You are just buying it to hide yourself from other hunters really.

5. john warren

john warren

do not worry about prise. buy the best and it will last so many years that cost becomes a minor factor. I have for example a pair of lacroux rubber boots that cost twice what many can be had for,,,but they are so old the camo has worn off them and they still don't leak and keep my feet warm ten year old rubber boots. now are down to about 16 dollars a year,,,thats cheaper then 88 dollar boots that last two years by a long shot.

6. Ramhunter

Ramhunter

Like I've said many times, the best advice on camo and scent control, respectively, is: Buy whatever is on sale, wet your finger, stick it up in the air, and hunt toward the cool side

Pieter likes this.
  7. Pieter

Pieter

That's a good testimonial! Hunting in NW Michigan, I can be in sandy hills, wet swamps, and thick brush. I think rubber boots that can handle that stuff will be my best bet. I'll check out Lacroux. Thanks!