Boot Dryer

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by uofmball1, Oct 6, 2020.

1. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Mine doesn't have an option, that I know of, but they are always warm. I don't think it is air only. Maybe just takes longer to heat up?

Has anyone ever ruined boots with a dryer? I have ruined two pair. One destroyed the inside of them and the other pair started cracking and separating like crazy. Now I make sure not to leave them on too long. Overnight AT MOST.

uofmball1 likes this.
  2. NormD

NormD

I took a Peet when i deployed with the USAF to a far off land. Man that thing did wonders.

uofmball1 likes this.

3. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I have never used a Peet Dryer. I bought a dryer that is simply two foot shaped inserts that are connected by wire to a plug in. When I was trapping beaver all winter long they dried my hip boots or waders over night with no problem. I simply rolled the tops down over them selves so the room air dried the exposed part while the inserts dried the foot part.

uofmball1 likes this.
  4. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

My understanding is that the heat option could be destructive to leather boots. But it works great with rubber boots. I can take a pair of sweat soaked tall rubber boots from a morning hunt, pop them on the dryer for 60-90 minutes on the heat setting, and they're dry and ready for an afternoon sit.

uofmball1 likes this.
  5. d_rek

d_rek

Now there’s a fun diy project

Sent from d_mobile

uofmball1 likes this.
  6. uofmball1

uofmball1

I like the idea of the heat option to help dry the quicker. It would be nice to have dry boots for the evening hunt also. It would be mainly used for rubber boots so the drying out of leather boots isnt a real concern. Im thinking the Peet 4 boot dryer would be good. I like that it does have heat and also timed dry so it wouldnt be running all night.