Bondy Bait Musky Slam

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by Jon Bondy, May 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM.

1. Jon Bondy

Jon Bondy Sponsor

Hope everyone will consider entering the 2nd annual Bondy Bait Musky Slam this year! We are really hoping to grow this event this year and most of last year's anglers have committed to coming back so it should be a great turnout. Here is the info. Thanks, Jon
    IMG_2362.jpg

2. Slimshady

Slimshady

Hey Jon, this says “casting only” but does that also allow jigging? I would assume yes, since it is the “Bondy Bait” slam. I am hoping to make it to this year’s event!

3. Jon Bondy

Jon Bondy Sponsor

4. Slimshady

Slimshady

Thanks for the confirmation. Figured that was the case. BTW, how do you feel about the CIR season for muskies this year? Seems that views are mixed on it, but I don't really see why it would have much impact. It has always been legal to fish for Pike year round, and they tend to chase similar baits, so anyone who wanted to "accidentally" catch them in previous years, could do so, as long as they released any muskies that happened to bite instead. Now they can be above board about what they were really fishing for. I typically fish for walleyes and bass on LSC anyway, so it won't make any difference to me. Just curious what your take is on it. Cheers, Mike

5. Jon Bondy

Jon Bondy Sponsor

I'm not fishing for them. In fact I've not heard of more than a couple people even trying.

mth1993 likes this.
  6. mth1993

mth1993

Would fly fishing count as casting for this event?

7. Jon Bondy

Jon Bondy Sponsor

Yup