Boat Launches for Mid- Upper River

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Nick-Fish, May 15, 2018.

1. Nick-Fish

Nick-Fish

What are some of the better safer boat launches on the mid and upper river? We typically launch out of Elizabeth Park or the metro park south of there and fish the lower section of the river. We did launch out of Wyandotte one time really wasn’t a fan it works for a lot but we didn’t have a good experience. Wondering what some of the better safer launch is are?

Tight Lines!

2. Steel Seeker

Steel Seeker

Wyandotte, Ecorse and then Belanger. All have been good to us! Belanger is pricy but really nice!!

3. Fried Fillets

Fried Fillets

I usually launch at Belanger. You're immediately in the mid-river area and only minutes away from the A-bridge and Ren Cen. With all of the rain, the water was over the dock pretty good Saturday evening, so keep that in mind. $15.00 for non-resident.

4. GANAK

GANAK

How much is Wyandotte to launch?

5. wagsspectrum

wagsspectrum

$7 for Wyandotte and $10 for Ecorse. But if it rained a lot and river went up, Ecorse could be underwater and full of debris.....

GANAK likes this.
  6. GANAK

GANAK

Are they getting plenty of walleye out of the Wyandotte launch area? Is bouncing jigs while drifting the way to go? Bringing a guest with me.

7. Casey2552

Casey2552

Out yesterday Ecorse ramp dock was under water and so much debri need a shovel to put the boat in , but fishing was as good as it gets only 3 silvers and 50 plus walleye in 2 hours lots of 14” fish took a bit to get some keepers

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

GANAK likes this.
  8. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

Yes!!! Up river at the mills and down river to the golf course. Fish are everywhere!! Last Thursday was a beat down. Lost count on the eyes and banged out 75 whiteys at the blue mill. What a blast . Next Wednesday will be last trip of the spring. Sadness. Stay on em MS!!! Fillet picture is white bass minus all red meat. Tite lines!! Shrubby ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526400229.946446.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526400264.999772.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526400290.000450.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526400324.976938.jpg

9. Odabe1530

Odabe1530

10. Odabe1530

Odabe1530

Planning on getting the kids out after some silver bass this weekend. This is the first I've read about them being caught. Can you give me some idea as to where the "blue mill" is located? I think I have an idea but not sure. I'm planning on launching at Wyandotte. Should I be concerned about how dirty the water will be by Saturday ?

11. sureshot006

sureshot006

Could have circled the whole river but here's where you can catch the most bass. I guess if I were going after only bass, I would fish the long stretch between hennepin point and lake Erie.

I haven't been out in 1.5 weeks but at that time they were not in thick at all.

upload_2018-5-15_12-57-40.png

Bonz 54 and MISTURN3 like this.
  12. Jiggin Jay

Jiggin Jay

We were out from 130-5pm on Monday around grassy, not 1 silver caught

2 man limit quick, then played catch and release

“God sometimes takes us into troubled waters, not to drown us, but to cleanse us."

13. shrubmasters@gmail.com

shrubmasters@gmail.com

About a 5-10 minute boat ride up river from the Wyandotte launch. CAN’T MISS IT!!! We caught ours where the biggest water discharge is. Looks like a small creek flowing in. Anchor and cast 1/4 oz twister tails around the discharge. Hold on!!!! Have fun, stay safe. Shrubby

14. walleyenut3214

walleyenut3214

Have the white bass taken over the river or is it still good for walleye?? Thinking about going in am thanks near mud island

15. sureshot006

sureshot006

they have NOT taken over.

6Speed and walleyenut3214 like this.