Blue Water electronics mounts?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by kzoofisher, Aug 22, 2020.

1. kzoofisher

kzoofisher

2. piketroller

piketroller

The double ball extended mounts aren’t as solid as the mounts made by Traxstech (another Michigan company) or Cisco over in Cleveland. I was looking at them at the Ultimate fishing show a few years back and talking with the rep. They make a spider rigging rod holder with the same double ball design. With it locked down, you could still slip the ball pretty easily if you grabbed it. I wanted to uses some for set line fishing catfish and sturgeon out of the back of the boat, and they guy said it probably wouldn’t stay in place for something like that as it was designed for spider rigging crappie - basically drifting with cane poles.

I don’t want to badmouth the stuff, and the shorter arms for the electronic mounts should make it easier for them to stay in place. Think of them like a step up from a Ram mount.

With their other accessories, it’s all good, but they have a different take on the mounts for their track system and some of it isn’t compatible with everyone else’s stuff.

3. kzoofisher

kzoofisher

Thanks. I’m thinking about a new mount for the bow so a short arm is what I’d get. Hopefully I can see one up close this winter.