Blue spawn netting.

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by thousandcasts, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypox

hypox

Personally, I prefer no netting.

2. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

I usually use only orange, if they ain't got any orange I buy white or pink or chart. Now I fish with some guys who use their favorite color which is usually pink or white and we all seem to do as well as each other. Although I often out fish them;) right Bruce?
    Like MPsteelheader said, it's whats inside that counts.
    And the fact your on top of some fish, and they are receptive.
    I fished a hole up to 45 minutes before any action then in the next half hour or so two of us had our limit, the fish were on the move. If I had different colors of spawn and had changed bags a half hour into it I would probably be inclined to believe that is why I got some fish.

3. Splitshot

Splitshot

I agree that what is inside is more important than the color of the bag, but sometimes it makes a difference. I usually carry 3 different colors in my spawn bottle as well as different sizes. I think size also makes a difference sometimes. I have switched many times to a different color, only to go back to the particular color that was hot. In fact enough time to be sure that color sometimes matters.

I think you will find the same thing to be true for all different types of fish, gills, perch, bass, walleye etc.. I don't care if you accept this or not as you can make your own decisions but all I can say that that kind of thinking will limit you at times. Why do I feel like I am having a conversation with Stelmon?

4. deathroll

deathroll Guest

why don't you just tie 1 color if they all work the same?

5. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

due to me not wanting to be banned refer to post below

6. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

sorry deathroll just wanted to make sure you could understand...

my bad:) :rolleyes:

7. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

IMHO color is very big when it comes to steelhead fishing, they can be very color conscious. I remember a day last spring up at Foote, it was afternoon, bright and sunny, and not a THING happening. Guys were running spawn,flies,waxies, nothing. All the spawn tossers were running pink or orange. Two of my buddies came down with fresh spawn in chart. netting, and whacked 5 fish in 15 minutes. I switched to a chart. bag, and immediatley hit a fish. Soon our group of four were just murdering them, and every single one came on chart., we all ran pink,orange, and white just to see, and nothing, well one hen came on a white bag, big deal. After it was all over, we had run up 32 fish in two hours, after fishing what seemed like a dead-ass day. Almost every guy had fresh spawn, as the fish had been in decent for a week or so. I'd have to say COLOR made a huge difference that day. I have many other color related stories, but that one really pushes the point I'd say. And Thousandcasts, I've been wondering about the EXACT same thing concerning a flourescent green netting, that would be AWESOME on chins, no doubt! Steelhead like bright green like that too sometimes.

8. tangeldmess

tangeldmess

No offence there silversides, I have been steelheading for about 28-30 years, spawn fishing is my favorite,I also pull plugs, there is a differance
    in color when plug fishing also. but that is another thread. I incorporate my spawn bag fishing with plug fishing, [not all the time] - I use very small corkys in the metalic colors [the hot colors that killem on plugs] with spawn bags or skeen, some times it works great,some times it does not.
    I have tryed every method of cure and only use one now.That is-only fresh,
    ripe, unwashed spawn, with no blood.
    ps. I REALY DID NOT MEAN TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE.:lol:

Dennis

9. Flyfisher

Flyfisher

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Now...is it tie or tye? Add another e and you have a salmon, a tyee:lol:

10. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fly thats almost as funny as blue colored spawn bags:rolleyes:

you know what, ill tell ya when blue will work...

when you fish those shallow gravel "runs" with your fly rod...

slip on some "blue spawn bags" but make sure they are small...

you'll knock the piss out of them...

kinda like the size 20-26 "green caddis" patterns that are tied/tyed/tyeed...

but hey what do i know:lol: :rolleyes:

11. quest32a

quest32a Mods

The very 1st closed thread in the centerpinning forum... anyone think thats a record? Keep it nice guys.....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.