Blue spawn netting.

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by thousandcasts, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cut Bait

Cut Bait Guest

I've used blue spawn three times. Twice it worked and once it didn't. The times it worked was when angler pressure was high. It was the different look I'm sure. Using something different often works. It's like my rapala streamer being used in flies only water.

2. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Ive never been able to tell a difference with color while using spawn. Seems that if you have good eggs it doesn't matter. Normally if I catch a fish on chartruese I will stick with it for my next bag. If I don't catch one on that I switch it up. All I ever tie though is pink and chartruese. Half the time I am not even sure what color I have on.

3. GRUNDY

GRUNDY

I've never noticed a big difference. Orange, chatruese, white, pink. They all seem to fish the same to me, but I have never tried blue.

Brian

4. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

I'm a firm believer that color makes a difference. I've had way too many days where a simple switch from char to pink (or vice versa) has meant one or two fish or double digits. Case in point, Bookmaker and I were pounding a run the other evening with char and weren't touching a thing. We switched to pink and it was "on" for the next hour. Hell, I've got certain runs and holes that I know are either a char hole or a pink hole. Uh...that didn't sound right, did it??? :lol:

Pink, white, peach, char--I've found a time and place where each one is the hot color and the others aren't touching a fish.

5. tangeldmess

tangeldmess

Hate to burst your big bubble there silversides----BUT..yes blue bags are killer at certian times and certian rivers.I out fished everybody one weekend with blue bags.Hooked into 22, landed 8, released 7. Heard many rude remarks by fisherman that were passing by,like did you see what color bag that idiot was using,I would just laugh inside and say to my self if they only knew!!!! The next weekend could not buy a strike on blue, switched over to black bags---YES BLACK BAGS---{opps another secret is out}-- and nocked the snout out of them again!!!!
    I do agree with thousandcasts, get away from the same Ol thing, try things differently, experiment with things out of the ordinary, have fun doing it!!
    Just my two cents!

6. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

What I seriously think is missing is flo green netting. Char is good, but I think a good flo green would be killer--especially for kings. I've e-mailed a few tackle companies (Atlas, Redwing, etc) about the possibility of them adding flo green to their selections, but have never heard a thing back from them. The color idea I had was this right here:

[​IMG]

7. silversides

silversides Guest

Listen,
    My first post was tongue in cheek. If you want to make a big deal out of it, then be my guest. I find it humurous how guys zoom in on the little details without grasping the big picture, you know? Some guys complain about their spawn not being good enough, when in reality, they arn't going to catch a dang thing anyways because they are dredging bottom or something of that nature. I myself am a roamer. If I can't catch fish somewhere, I go somewhere else until I do. I don't sit there and change the size of my bags, color of my bags, texture of my bags, etc. I move on, because I know that that sooner or later I'll latch onto one or two.
    Wow, I don't know where to start, so I'm not going to.

8. tangeldmess

tangeldmess

I go to those craft stores,fabric stores,like JoAnn Fabrics, they have lots of different colors of netting, you buy by the foot. You have to go with your wife or girlfreind to save face,LOL

9. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

sorry tangledmess ive been doin this 11 years now...

never once has the color of the bag made that much of a difference to me...

its whats inside those bags that matters...

how big and how you cured(if you cured)...

you can think those crazy colors make the difference but in all reality they dont...

:coco: :bowdown: :Welcome:

10. Flyfisher

Flyfisher

Steve...think pink! And one more thing...Double Hot Red Stuff;)

11. Flyfisher

Flyfisher

Then there is a good chance that you missed opportunities at additional fish...

Personally, I have found certain colors work better under certain water conditions...

I always tie eggs in at least two different colors...

Have found that there are times where I catch all my fish on one color...

And can't catch anything on the other color...

Never tried blue, though...

But I am only expressing my opinion...

Which is certainly not fact...:yikes:

12. plugger

plugger Premium Member

Nothing transmits confidence as well as monifiliment.

13. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

i tye 4 colors...orange, red, pink, and chartuese...

NOT one of these colors has out fished the other...

i tye equal amounts in each color when i tye bags...

again i say its not the color of the bag...

its whats in the bag that counts...

cya on the river,

mark

14. Splitshot

Splitshot

Most of the time I don't think color makes much of a difference, but there are times when it does without question. I find that color most often makes a difference pier fishing but changing color has made a difference many times in the river too.

15. TSS Caddis

TSS Caddis

We had one day a few years ago where I was running char and my buddy was running pink. I hooked over 30 stream brown including a couple lake runs and he didn't touch a one. Made me a believer that at least for browns color does play a significant role. Sure, I've caught browns on Pink, but Char always seems to produce significantly better.

Other than that, I just always fish Pink for steelhead. If it slow, I'll introduce Char and sometimes it does make a difference, sometimes not. I would guess 95% or so of the times I'm out color doesn't effect the bite as far as steelhead goes. Typically there are a lot of other aspects that will buy you more fish, boat position, knowing how to work a run efficiently and the most valuable thing, and most underrated thing, "knowing when to move". Takes a lot of time to grasp, but being able to effectivly predict what's going on with the river that day will make the biggest difference in numbers. You may pull up to the best hole on the river and only hit 5 fish in the first hour. What do you do???? Be a rock lizard and pound it all day knowing that in 5 hours you might eek out 10 more, or do you think that it is just this hole that is slow today and gamble that some of the other holes will hold more fish that are willing to go???? Tough to learn, but it can mean the difference between a hard earned 10 and an easy 20+.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.