Blue spawn netting.

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by thousandcasts, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Since this is a forum where most guys are trying new things and fishing most of the time with spawn, has anyone had success with tying bags on blue spawn netting? To me, it defies conventional wisdom to tie blue bags, but anyone who knows steelheading knows that sometimes the best action is when you get away from the same 'ol thing that steelhead see on an everyday basis.

So, has anyone had success with the blue netting and under what type of conditions?

2. gomer

gomer

Winchester, Virginia & Rockford, MI (Home)
    I've tried clear water, stained water, small bags, big bags, skein bags, salmon egg bags, steelhead egg bags and I just can't get um to go...

Im just going to stick with the usual colors from now on!

3. silversides

silversides Guest

Only idiots use blue netting. Ide rather toss on a rubber worm or something of that nature when the fish arn't biting the normal stuff. In my own personal experience, when the fish are not biting, no amount of shinanigans will make them change their minds, they just are not going to feed.

4. live2fishdjs

live2fishdjs

Cold clearer water I have done well on blue netting (smallish bags-although I have taken 2 on chokers that I can remember) and a couple chart floats (not the bright chart, the more subdued larger size). Summer trout can turn onto it as well. In my experience it was tough to make myself fish it and give it a fair shake on a given day, until you hang one.

If anyone has a source for pre-cut squares in blue (same goes for peach) I'm all ears as the only stuff I can find is in the long sheet from FishUSA and i hate cutting netting.

5. Alpha Buck

Alpha Buck Banned

It seems if you are using good eggs and the presentation is decent any color will work if you put it on a group of active fish. If your talking about the turqouise looking blue stuff, I have a friend that uses it and have seen him hit fish on it. I have never bought it personally and probably will not anytime soon in the future.

6. Trout King

Trout King

I must be an idiot for using the blue bags...but it's funny that this idiot has done pretty darn well the last couple weeks on them.

When I first saw them I thought it was odd, but after trying them I'm a firm believer they will catch fish.

7. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

I used spawn that had molded a blue color and it worked.
    The fish were in and I didn't want to take the time to tie and that was all I had. Man did it stink too!
    IMHO color is way over rated by the fisherman, when it comes to spawn.

8. Fishndude

Fishndude

Blue netting is super-secret. Shhhhhh.

9. gomer

gomer

Winchester, Virginia & Rockford, MI (Home)
    live2fishdjs,

if the netting you are talking about is the kind i think it is, it comes wrapped around a flat piece of card board (not a tube). If you want pre-cut squares, just cut each side of the bundle, so you have all the pieces on top of the cardboard and all the pieces on the bottom.

10. live2fishdjs

live2fishdjs

Yes, that's it...I'll have to try that trick...can't believe I didn't think of that:bash: Thanks for the tip.
    Tight Lines.

11. Splitshot

Splitshot

Silversides,

You are at an impass. Keep thinking that way and understand why others pass you by. You know even guys like Stelmon are more openminded than you.

12. silversides

silversides Guest

I prefer to think I know it all. So far, no problems on this end.

13. tommytubular

tommytubular

Very wise words Splitshot.....if you don't mind I'm going to borrow that and share it with some of the youth that I know.

14. MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

What you call having a closed mind i have more poignant words for, but this forum isn't for that.

Anyways, in answer to the question, I have used blue bags, and done well, and in fact there is a stream that blue bags seem to be preferred for some reason or another.

15. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Blue netting works good under bright, direct sun. I've never cleaned up on them with blue, but it's gotten me an extra couple fish after they'd turned off from the usual colors. And I firmly believe that color can make a HUGE difference, even with spawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.