Blood Run Question

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by STEELnICE, Aug 23, 2017.

1. STEELnICE

STEELnICE

Still haven't tried blood run and was checking out their website... They say their 10 lb. Floating line is not for steelhead because it can only be fished with 6 lb. Fluoro leader or less... I pretty much always use 6 lb. leader for steelhead so anyone who's used it see any reason why I shouldn't go with the 10 lb? 15 seems like overkill.

Also do you like the clear or natural green better? I don't like to mess with shot line and just try to use a low vis mainline. Usually just use cheap regular mono for mainline but wondering if blood run users actually love this line or it's just overly hyped up?

2. troutguy26

troutguy26

Heard and seen once of it snapping very easily. Flyrodder I believe was running it one day when I was with him and he lost everything about 30ft up from the float. I'll stick to my Pline.

flyrodder46 likes this.

3. fishhuntsmoke

fishhuntsmoke

Another very opinionated question you know...but that said I've run for year n half now n I've had no issues and like it myself. I run 15 personally, another overly opinionated and debated topic, I fish bigger waters with faster flows and I'm not risking losing a 14 n above fish!!! and I haven't yet either so if ya got a second rod it a try n see what ya think!!

Sparky23 and flyrodder46 like this.
  4. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

I did have a very bad experience with the BR 10#, and will probably never use it again. I broke two different 10# lines on two different fish within a half hour. Both were basically brand new and had been fished less than 1 day each. When I contacted BR they said that their 10# mainline was only rated to be used with their 6# leader material. I have since been given a spool of 15# from a friend and used it last season and really like it. But with that said I will more than likely stay with ProMix and PLine in the future.

D

Clum likes this.
  5. UBDSLO1

UBDSLO1

I just purchased a spool of it, 15lb. test to see what it's like. I normally use Siglon.

brian0013 likes this.
  6. Tbigtime24

Tbigtime24

I switched to blood run 15 this spring for my pin... Needless to say i will run it until something better comes out!

7. 158482

This is my 2nd fall running 15lb BR and I have had no issues with it. I run BR 10lb fluorocarbon lead line to BR 8lb leader. BR told me their 15lb fishes more like a 12lb. After switching to BR 15lb from siglon 12lb I agree with what BR said. I also fish with several guys who swear by Blood Run

8. StaticSilveraydo

StaticSilveraydo

I just spooled my pin with blood run 15# last week after having issues with my old main line snapping before my leader. Ran some 12lb fluoro leader fighting kings with it on there and have been impressed so far. Snapped my leader a few times but no issues with the BR main line yet. Seems to be working well when I was pretty much forced to switch to it while on a trip up north.

9. BearCreekPro

BearCreekPro

I have been running BR 15# main for 2 full years now, kings and steel. Very satisfied.

10. slightofhand

slightofhand

I use both for steel but generally run the 15 on the majority of my reels. I like being able to add a shot line at 10 lb test if I need to or if I get into woody water or a bigger class of fish I run the 8 lb leader. Never have to worry about mainline regardless of what Leader I Run under it. 10 lb mainline boxes you into 6lb Leader or less. Blood Run mainline breaks at what they say on the label not like other lines that don’t. Right now I’m using the 23lb for kings on my pins and loving it. 15 lb leader under it

11. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

With the 23 lb, what brand of 15 are you using? How many times have you broke your main when snagged, if any?

12. 1MoreKast

1MoreKast

Been using Blood Run for a few years and haven't looked back. The 15lb is great on the pin but have considered the 23lb for bigger waters. I run BR 15# to microswivel. Shotline to swivel. Then fluoro. All break offs have been at the flouro. BR ties some serious knots. I will say, I have dabbled with their fluorocarbon and it's very stiff. Strong...but stiff. And loses it's clarity after a few fish take you into gravel and sticks. Overall...I like BR as a mainline.

13. slightofhand

slightofhand

Also BR fluoro in 15lb. Have not broke the 23lb mainline. If you snag a tree with the 23lb main you are going to have to cut it, you wont break it. Leader breaks fine, but mainline wont.

1MoreKast likes this.
  14. 1MoreKast

1MoreKast

Question...do you noticed a difference between running the 15# main line compared to the 23# main line as far as mending or how the line flows through the guides or comes off the pin?

15. abbatoys

abbatoys

I just ordered 2 spools from their site and got a free spool of leader material.Gonna try it this year..