blank wieght comparison question

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by MPsteelheader, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

Change what? I didn't print the page on fishusa It say's right there- Primarily of imx, in the paragraph above it says that the NEW float series is a blend of materials. It's not 100% imx. 1601-Looks, acts, feels like all my St gl3 series.It in no way compairs to the older imx rods,Mine were made in the early 90's.

2. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

thats an opinion...

not fact ron

3. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

All of these models have a fixed reel seat. Four of the models have the reel seat in the traditional spinning reel location with a longer butt grip, and the 13' 4" rod has a "Skamania" or Michigan-drift style configuration with a short butt grip. Although these rods were designed primarily for use with traditional spinning reels, they can also be used with center-pin reels.

Like many of the new G. Loomis rods, these rods are blends of the traditional G. Loomis blank materials (GL2, GL3, IMX and GLX) and are formulated specifically for float fishing. The four shorter two-piece rods are burgundy in color. The STFR1601S-SK three piece rod is built of primarily IMX graphite and is the IMX flat grey color.

4. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

so with that "fact" where do you get a gl2-3 mix???

just so you know gl3 material is IM6...

and gl2 is a composite

5. TheSteelheadBum

TheSteelheadBum Guest

Your original statement claimed it was all GL2 and GL3 and no IMX. The documents you are showing say primarily IMX. Ron where is your proof it has no IMX? I agree it is not like the old IMX blanks but there is no way it is GL2-GL3 only. Personally I would rather have it the way it is due to it still having very light weight and durability at the same time.

6. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

thanks for the info guys...

i am staying away from the 1601s-sk due to the sections and guide spacing...

loomis usa has some work to do to make that rod better(i.e. balancing, # of guides, etc)...

i think i know what direction im goin with for my next rod purchase...

thanks again,

mark