Bird hunting hat ideas

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Maple_Ridge, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Hey guys, We are having a 10 or 15 person hunt at a local ranch in the next few weeks. We lost a very loved family member this past year, and this upcoming pheasant hunt is in his honor.

Just looking to see if the pheasant/bird hunting community has any cool design ideas for a hunters orange baseball hat. We want to get some embroidered for the guys in the hunt.

Any photos you could pass along for ideas will help.

Thank you!

Maple

2. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

A little more background--

My uncle who passed away, we used to hunt his familys 40 acres of CRP field each October for wild Michigan pheasants. And we were successful!!

We would get all our gear, a couple dogs, and just head out and have fun. Each season we may only shoot 3 or so Roosters...but oh the fun we had! Memories I will keep forever!

Hunters Edge likes this.

3. Mike da Carpenter

Mike da Carpenter

Go on Amazon and look at the Dri Duck pheasant embroidered hat. I have one from a memorial hunt from 2014 and still wear it from September thru April. Excellent product that stands up to time and use.

Here is a link, just pick the one you like/want once the page loads.

https://www.amazon.com/DRI-Duck-Running-Buck-Wildlife/dp/B07CNXBY8R

Maple_Ridge likes this.
  4. birdhntr

birdhntr

Wear his hat/hats!

Maple_Ridge likes this.
  5. skidoojc

skidoojc

upload_2019-12-31_18-42-40.jpeg

Aztec Rooster Pheasant Feather Headdress

Josh R and Brien maeder like this.
  6. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

Some preserves embroider a rooster in flight or just the head/neck. Then their name of the preserve as an advertisement. I think in remembrance of your uncle and the many wonderful memories he was able to create his name or nick name on the hat, along with either farm, ranch or land. Example Bob's Farm, not as an advertisement as done by preserves but every time it is looked upon by those who hunted on the land in the past will not only remember the great memories but the man that made those memories possible. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable hunt and time with friends and relatives.

Maple_Ridge likes this.
  7. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Thanks guys.

My dad just found someone locally with the DriDuck hats like you have shown mike.

He can get the blaze orange hats with pheasant, embroidered with lettering for $16 per hat. I think we are going that route...thanks again!

Mike da Carpenter likes this.
  8. Mike da Carpenter

Mike da Carpenter

Mind sharing the name/location of the place? Wouldn’t mind getting some for just my boys and I, personalized to us. I prefer to shop local, especially when they are competitive.

9. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

North country outfitters in the thumb

Mike da Carpenter likes this.