Bingo Working mallards.

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Shiawassee_Kid, Oct 20, 2020.

1. General Ottsc

General Ottsc

After hunting with Brian on the guest hunter program 2 years ago, I saw what a great day out in the marsh good be. Seeing birds work like that and seeing how close they'd come was really a sight! Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen out in the field.

2. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

man you got lucky to hunt with brian, one of the most knowledgeable duck guys on the planet. glad you had a good experience. shot my first jack minor on a marsh hunt with brian in 86'.

3. BumpRacerX

BumpRacerX

Keeping watching the video to pick up the cadences.

Duck lands. Probably a hen.

QUACK.

Yep.

Chuckle every time.

4. General Ottsc

General Ottsc

Very lucky. And just talking with him, you can tell that he is 100% committed and passionate about ducks. A great guy to learn from, that's for sure. I hope one day to know just a fraction of what he knows.

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  5. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Had to use your advice this past weekend..Had 4 guys hunting the buffer strip just behind us and down a little bit from our split. Politely asked what field there were in and one said A corn field...:mad:....Calmed myself a bit and told them they were in a buffer and could be shot by someone. .They said OK and moved to the other side of the buffer but still hunted it..They didnt fire any shots after that, as our birds were swinging over there heads to come to our spread..Might of been new to the area but it could of turned out pretty bad for them if we didnt see there spinner...So spinners do work for something. ..o_O

6. Fall Flight Punisher

Fall Flight Punisher

Wow Dan! Great shoot! Waaay slower over here on the west side. Nice job

7. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

over achieved today. drew 5th from last and totally wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

8. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

You have got to be near the top for ducks killed at managed areas.

9. craigrh13

craigrh13

Not this year..... :)

10. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

yer lead is only because you hunted youth/military and teal. :)

11. craigrh13

craigrh13

Lol gotta get them when I can. NoDak forced me to use Vacation time I had scheduled around now and next week.

12. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

you two have so much advantage over others because being local and having network of local hunters. Us on the other hand, enter the draw blind and have no clue where to go. Like knowing which zone next to parking lot is the best.:lol: Bring the kill chart back. We the people need to get together and campaign for kill chart. Let me start a poll see how others think. By the way, those ducks were shot in corn or marsh or flooded timber?

13. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

no, we have the disadvantage of non-locals taking all the best spots not even knowing what they are taking, lol

14. craigrh13

craigrh13

What kid said. I live 1.5 hours away. I’ve learned what I’ve learned by experimenting with weird places out there and getting shafted with bad picks. I love people picking prior rd first. Love it. Leaves the door open to sooo many other great areas.

what good would a kill chart do? So you can see that front row prior is tops in kills? Who cares? Some areas smoked them early season and are dead now. The chart will lead people into dead areas. It’s pointless.