Bill for baiting and feeding

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by fishing dave, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

It has nothing to do with a disease if the ban is in place where no known CWD exists or outside of a CWD buffer zones.

It also has nothing to do with a disease if in the lower when baiting and feeding is banned. Yet the CWD buffer zones and CWD areas in the UP it is not banned and feeding is still done by permit.

It is also not banned because of the disease if the DNR still uses it for sharpshooters.

It has not and will not stop the disease from spreading in other states or Michigan.

2. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

My take on it, is that you are one of the 29% against baiting. At least from your posts.

Rut-N-Strut and Scout 2 like this.

3. hawgeye

hawgeye

Do you plant food plots? Do you use mineral supplements?

Sent from my moto z3 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Hunters Edge likes this.
  4. hawgeye

hawgeye

You think acting like a tool bag will help your cause? It makes against anything your for!

Sent from my moto z3 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

buckguts1970 and Hunters Edge like this.
  5. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Just because you do not agree with it you have no right to bitch about someone who does as long as it is legal. See this is the problem about hunting nowdays everyone has their nose is areas where it does not belong because they do not agree with it. Just wait until you get in your 70's or older and see what you have to say about it then

6. Sparky23

Sparky23

The
    Then now that it is not legal why do you have a right to bitch about it?

7. Sparky23

Sparky23

Yes correct...I could really care less if legal go for it. But i have rarely used it. So why would I be for it?

8. mbrewer

mbrewer

People can be for something they don't practice. E.g. Antler Point Restrictions

miruss likes this.
  9. miruss

miruss

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones !!!! A little of your history ! Remember the CHUMMING ban for fishing! Didn't know REAL fisherman needed to chum to fish ? Looks like you were so for the ban you started a petition to change it back oops my bad you didn't like it so you bitched and started a petition ! Your name in a search of chumming shows you bitching up a storm and name calling of people that were for it.
    https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/chumming-ban-petition.574805/#post-6032077

10. mbrewer

mbrewer

Well, that's an embarrassing contradiction. :lol:

11. Waif

Waif

Chumly's in da house!

mbrewer likes this.
  12. Sparky23

Sparky23

Two opposite ends of a spectrum there bud I was using scientific evidence which is supposed to be used by the NRC to show that the special interest group that was trying to get the chumming installed was doing it based on a pier what they wanted it had no scientific background it had no evidence that there is anything wrong for it. Guess what I'm still catching tons of fish my only problem with the ban on chumming is it's one step closer to more rules for flies only and such it has nothing to do with disease it has nothing to do with anything except a bunch of fly whiners that weren't catching as many fish. How about we keep this as a baiting for deer and not a chumming for fish deal. It amazes me how much time some people on here have and they're so for baiting and obviously can't do anything without it that they have to go back how many years 3/4 to go through and find out that someone was Pro chumming which was actually more of a pro non special interest groups making more laws even though they were in the minority. Not to mention if you're that passionate about baiting for deer have you been to any of the NRC meetings have you started a petition? Maybe instead of just bickering going back years to find something that someone else was against you should actually do something rather than just b****

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  13. Sparky23

Sparky23

It's useless even having any of these threads cuz all some people do is Bash other people for not having the same opinion when someone else gives an opinion their bashed for it if it's not agreed upon by a few. There's a big difference between chumming being banned by one small special interest group and baiting being banned by the state because it may help spread disease. If it's legal then by all means like I have said if you want to use it use it but now that it's not legal why keep bitching about it unless it's the only way you have to kill a deer

14. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Sitting in a box blind with a heater staring at a bait pile should not be called hunting and if they quit good. Sound familiar I would say that is bashing on your part as these were your words from another post

Justin and Hunters Edge like this.
  15. Sparky23

Sparky23

Unless your old or handicapped capped that isnt what I consider hunting. If you want to do it AGAIN THAT IS YOUR CHOICE. People can have different opinions they do not have to think what you do. Obviously it must be all you have or why would you be so butthurt. If you want to break the law now go for it. I will report any illegal bait piles I see. If they go back to baiting I could care less. That's the funny part it doesnt effect me either way. Obviously it does you