close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

betsy bay ice fishing??

Discussion in 'Big Lake Surf/ Pier Reports' started by lostontheice, Dec 21, 2017.

1. lostontheice

lostontheice

really looking to get into stealhead and browns through the ice and was wondering if betsy bay freezes enough to try it..If so,would it be better to try off the alberta side (old dock area) or Frankfort side by the coast guard station??

2. GRUNDY

GRUNDY

Probably the most tight lipped fishery.

Any flooded river mouth will have this opportunity. Most of the areas are small and the ice thin.

It might be a little different up North

Good luck and be safe

3. skagitmaster

skagitmaster

Correct on tight lipped. I know guys target steel on White Lake in the narrows. Ive heard the Jawjackers pop around last ice. They are usually set up near open water.

4. lostontheice

lostontheice

can anyone tell me if the lake is frozen between the pie heads..would love to give it a try and see whats there..thanks

5. Fishndude

Fishndude

Try sending a PM to BlueUmp - site member. I think he lives around Frankfort, and might be able to give you an on-the-spot report.

6. GRUNDY

GRUNDY

You'll be hard pressed to find many people who will ice fish between the pier heads. Real dangerous. I'm almost 40 years old and I've only seen one year where guys slammer fished between the piers down here.

Most tight lipped fishery I know of. You can talk to guys on the ice and they'll have fish buried in the snow and will tell ya they aren't catching anything.

I'd run over there with some slammers ready to take a crack at it and bring some back up perch or bluegill gear in case steelhead doesn't pan out. That way you can salvage the trip