Best Waders?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Bow hunter on a Mission, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Tonypro

Tonypro

I love my SuperMags! I'm not easy on my waders, I'm normally the guy rolling his a$$ in and out of the boat for whatever reason or crawling all over the place looking for a cripple. Mine are still going strong after 4-5 years. The pair I had before these lasted me about 8+ years.

lefty421 and YAKFish#1 like this.
  2. lefty421

lefty421

Had a set of Cabelas hybrid breathables that lasted 5 years. Replaced them before the start of last season (8/18) with a new pair of Cabelas insulated breathables. Those started leaking half way through this season, so not even two seasons out of those. Not a puncture either, the entire seam along the crotch is leaking like a sieve, a $280 sieve. Ugh. Its been a year and four months. Cabelas told me their warranty is now only a year. Not happy with Cabelas at the moment.

The kid bought a pair of Rogers waders with the zip out liners before this season.... we'll see how they hold up for him going forward.

looks like I'm in the market for waders again too.

Tonypro likes this.

3. Shupac

Shupac

Bought a pair of High 'n Dry waders at the beginning of the season and am happy with them. Don't like the lack of belt loops, otherwise no real complaints.

4. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

5. BumpRacerX

BumpRacerX

Bumping this thread after my Caddis 5mm bit the dust yesterday.

Cabela's SuperMag's still the best thing going? I have a pair of 3.5mm 600gram Roger's house brand waders to get me through until I order new waders. Just not sure what I want to order.

6. goose schatt

goose schatt

I’m a Cabelas supermag believer...best for the money.

7. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder

I would buy them again without question . I actually put flex seal on my old pair. I still use them putting docks in out. That is as tough on waders as duck hunting. Two of my sons own them also.

8. The Fishing Pollock

The Fishing Pollock

Just ordered the supermags after reading this. Have to take an ill fitting pair back to jays still. Mine were a bit more than the 150 . 240 because I have to have a tall size in 13 ( no swamp monster jokes or retriever jokes lol)

Having a horrible time finding a under 200 pair for the GF though, She's short with big feet! has a size 8 foot with a 29 inch inseam . Even kids sizes are not right . Always too small of a foot. Any ideas ??????

9. Outdoor Gal

Outdoor Gal

Is that an 8 women's shoe size? I'm 5'4" and wear a women's 8 1/2 shoe. I usually buy a men's size 8 wader and they work for me. The boot is a bit big but I wear extra thick socks.

Lacrosse makes women's waders now, that may be the route I go next time I need waders. They run a good Thanksgiving sale typically.

10. The Fishing Pollock

The Fishing Pollock

The size 8 boot fits but her inseam is 29 inches and most boot size 8 waders have a 33 inseam . That is the issue . I got her 9's but she looked like she had on oompa loopa pants lol

11. Outdoor Gal

Outdoor Gal

I use a wader belt which helps a little. I don't mind a little extra material in the legs but my inseam is probably a couple inches longer than hers. Gator Wader has a variety of women's sizes waders too, that might be worth a look.

12. twoteal

twoteal

Hands down, Sitka.

Capt.STU likes this.
  13. Ash

Ash

I wish cabelas still made women's waders. Theirs were the best. I still have a breathable set from them but my neos finally died. I bought a set of lacrosse women's neos and they fit me pretty well. They are warmer than the cabelas (boot and thicker neo). They do feel stiffer to me, but maybe that is because they are still newish. I liked the front pocket better on the cabelas but the lacrosse still has hand warmer pockets and will work. I wear an 8 normally and the 8 boot is a tad large but thick socks make up for it. I am not a fan of the BPS women's brand "she" had a pair of those fail miserably.

14. tom_the_chemist

tom_the_chemist

A lot of the Super Mag reviews say that the quality is not what it had been previously. Even with the drop in quality m, these are still the best.

I had in my notes that Rodgers Breathable waders were the best quality in price. That was something I had read from another thread on this site. In that thread, the conventional wisdom was that it is better to switch to breathable instead of neoprene.

Anyone have thoughts on the comparison of quality between the super mags and the Rodgers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15. slwayne

slwayne

Loved my Rogers 2-in-1 breathables the first two seasons. Used them a ton for both fishing and hunting. Fishing season #3 the seam leaks and boot dry rot cracks started hot and heavy and by the end of fishing season they were toast. Just bought a pair of Frogg Togg Refuge 2.0. Opening day produced no leaks so far. Heading to Nodak on Saturday for a week. They'll get their first real test then.