close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best value trail cam?

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by Greatest hunter in world?, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Dish7

Dish7

It's just their natural cycle for most bucks to go nocturnal at that time of year regardless of pressure. Obviously pressure will send them there quicker. If you keep observing your cameras in a low impact way, you will see that 3am buck creep closer and closer to daybreak the closer you get to November. Then all of sudden there he is looking at your camera at 9am. Every buck is different but that is a trend (not the rule) that I have noticed since I started using cameras.

2. tdejong302

tdejong302

Wildgame innovations cloaks 4-12 all work great. I won't ever buy a cuddyback or expensive camera again do to theft and life spans. Cloaks work awesome Very inexpensive.

MossyHorns likes this.

3. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Last week field and stream had $30 instant rebate on Bushnell cams plus a $30 trade in deal on any camera. I turned in a non working junk camera that a bear chewed on. I got the $129 16mp camera for $69. I think it was a 2 per customer limit.

4. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

5. Firebird19

Firebird19

Currently I have 10 cameras out on 15 acres. I place them out on Good Friday every year and take them down thanksgiving weekend while only checking them once at July 4th and November 14th. I have a variety of cameras that I spent $50 to $150 on. I have 3 trophy cameras that I love and have no issues with and are about 5 years old. 3 wildgame that work good but your limited to smaller trees because of the bungees. 1 is 6yrs old and the other are 2. 1 covert god picture but garbage controls and setup. 1 older cuddeback capture easy set up so-so photos. 1 older D-cell Moultrie that's just garbage only good thing about it is battery life. Also a "14" year old wild view 2mp C-cell flash camera that I still use. It works great the battery last around 5 weeks and bulb is burnt out. I hope this gives some insight on things.

6. pike man

pike man

I have Bushnell, never had a problem.

7. Ultramag

Ultramag

I love trail camera pictures. I love the unexpected suprises so I have as many as I can get. I have set my price point at a max of $50, but have paid more. No sense spending more on one that may end up walking away with some honest trespasser. I have a pile of Wildgame models. 1 tasco. 2 stealthcams, 1 Primos plot watcher type and I am still rocking a couple old Moultries. I am running a total of 15 cameras on 120 acres this year. My dad isn't as mobile as he used to be so when I go pull the cards I take them back to my parents and my mom, dad and I crack a beer and see what we have out there, day or night. It is like Christmas every time. I try to buy two every year after the season when they go on sale. Also I have gone online and purchased two 4 GB cards for each camera so I can just swap cards and batteries if needed and get out. All the cameras work well enough for the animals running around my Michigan property.