Best reloading manual with the latest info?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Bobby072, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Bobby072

Bobby072

I know this is a bit subjective but I've not purchased a official reloading book yet. Most the informatin has been via company web sites, forums, videos. I do have the ABC reloading book but its older like 2010.

The books are a bit expensive so if i buy one would like to get one with latest information.
    Lyman 50th Edition Reloading Manual
    That looks good but its 2016 data.

What do you think is the best reloading book?

2. wolf76

wolf76

I actually like the Lee manual. It has far more powders listed and has reasonably hot loads, not ultra conservative garbage like Hornady and Berger.
    Nosler manual accuracy loads are often pretty close.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bobby072 likes this.

3. gunsngolfn

gunsngolfn

Load Data.com, lots of info and is printable. its through wolfe publishing.

Bobby072 likes this.
  4. Jim..47

Jim..47

If you have a Lyman you don't need anything else. Been reloading for 45 years, Lyman's is best hands down. Don't matter if the date is 5 years old, that just means those loads have held up under more scrutiny then all the rest. If you feel you have buy another just get a Lee, read it then put in the lower shelf where it belongs.

Gil Martin and Bobby072 like this.
  5. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

I like to use the data from the bullet manufacturer and the powder distributer for any particular load I'm interested in. I have the Lyman and Lee, but don't find them particularly useful.

6. Gil Martin

Gil Martin

It depends what you prefer. Lyman has been my standard reloading manuals for a long time. I also have Hornady, Speer, and Sierra manuals and refer to them. There are some reliable online sites that offer additional information. So it depends. All the best...
    Gil

7. Jim..47

Jim..47

I have and have used the powder mfg. data too, but my reason for standing by Lyman is I want someone reliable to make sure I don't over load. Besides that Lyman always offers the best powder source, the best bullet source and the best primer source. Lyman has never done me wrong. No matter what you use you should always check more then one source. Little clue here, the internet is not a reliable source, nor are bullet mfg. that great, you need data from the source that makes it go boom.

8. sourdough44

sourdough44

I have a bunch, somewhat older to new. I like Sierra but nothing wrong with most. I do a lot of cross referencing when planning a load. The Hodgdon net site is nice too.