close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best power auger

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by vellul, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Eskimo came out with a new line of lightweight augers. 22lbs for the 8"

Attached Files:

2. pike man

pike man

I have a Strikemaster Honda 4 Stroke. Never a problem. Always starts, no mixing gas, great auger.

3. arson117

arson117

I too have a Strikemaster 4 stroke HONDA in a 10". F'ing thing is incredible for big holes. But beware small footed children will fall thru. My running and gunning setup is the Milwaukee Fuel/Clam Plate with either my 6" or 8". The larger size 4 batteries last me all day. Any propane fellas want to setup a gas race?

4. RiverRanger

RiverRanger

Franks are supposed to get those in today and im hoping to get that propane model when they do arrive

5. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

I have an older than dirt Mag III that has the very universal Tecumseh TCII engine, I got mine for free over 10 years ago, fixed it with spare TCII weedwacker parts I already had, other than fuel lines and a choke lever it owes me nothing. I'll upgrade again when I get another free one! LOL!

BTW - I've recently gone the electric drill/auger route for early/thinner ice, the old Mag III gets the call when the ice gets 10-12 inches and we're out all day.

William H Bonney likes this.
  6. leadbelly

leadbelly

My Magnum 3 has the 49cc Tecumseh tc300 engine. I replaced the carb also. But I noticed all the new replacement carbs for this engine have a fixed air fuel setting. No screw for adjustment. Just the idle screw. Not sure that's good or bad. But it does run perfect.

7. FishWhisper

FishWhisper

I have the 40cc Eskimo Propane 10" and I love it. It may not win a auger race but than again im not going out on the ice to race augers. Kinda like people who buy trucks and only care about 0-60 times. Its dependable, easy, efficient and pretty light. On top of that always have extra propane for the heater so i always have extra fuel for it.

RiverRanger and leadbelly like this.
  8. leadbelly

leadbelly

My Magnum 3 is so heavy I check ice thickness with it. No Spud needed. Just put auger in small jet sled. Then proceed to push it out in front of me with 12 foot pole. If the ice holds it. It's all good. Lol

9. in the blood

in the blood

Wife bought me the nills have to say hasn't missed a beat

10. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Most likely will be OK but did you save the old carb? You can get a rebuild kit off ebay for cheap, search for one that also comes with a new/replacement idle mixture screw, depending on how warn the old is it makes all the difference sometimes. Fuel wise all of l my 2 stroke stuff lives out of the same gas can. I use non-ethanol rec gas, seafoam and mix it at 45:1 (3.0 oz per gallon) using synthetic oil.

leadbelly likes this.
  11. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

NOTE to anyone with an auger, tiller or anything with a Tecumseh TCII or TC200/TC300 engine, this little item is what fails the most on those engines. A lot of people think its the fuel line leaking, after they replace the fuel line and its still leaks they'll give up, its how I gotten a lot of my TC engines.
    [​IMG]

12. mhodnettjr

mhodnettjr

I bought the new P1 rocket by eskimo this year. Runs like a top. I don't know how it would do side by side with any other auger, but I don't care either. It is light, powerful, and (so far) reliable. After 20 seasons with the ol strikemaster mag 2000, this thing is a dream.

RiverRanger likes this.
  13. RiverRanger

RiverRanger

I'm hoping Franks get their order in soon, i want to get my hands on this one

14. gamalot

gamalot

I need answers. I saw a clam plate drill gadget work yesterday and loved it. I have a 8" SM Laser hand auger and I already have a nice Rigid Impact driver with a 1/2" drive head but no chuck for drill bits. Does Clam make an adapter so I can use my impact driver?

15. leadbelly

leadbelly

I was board and hooked up my Milwaukee M18 mid torque impact to my auger. The answer is yes you can do it. But!!!! It was so f.n.g loud. The auger amplified the sound of the impact. Between scaring all the fish away and every other fisherman on the lake wanting to kill me. I thought I better not do it.