Best Line?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by andrew09, Jun 5, 2010.

1. walleyewizard

walleyewizard

I also tied a bunch of harnesses with 20# vanish. 2 break offs the first time I used them. ***. I wont ever use that crap again. I lost some expensive blades. Im real close to tying my harnesses with 7 strand wire.

2. Gater DONE

Gater DONE

power pro on everything except downrigger lines where triline xt

3. DE82

DE82 Banned

What do you mean when you say stresses the crap out of your knot?

4. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

For mono I like Maxima Ultragreen and Pline CX. I also use Trilene XL.

5. bubba ice

bubba ice

I use Berkly XT (mono) 10# and Fireline Crystal (Braided) 8#. Both work well for me.

6. CrazyJ

CrazyJ

I was gonna ask the same thing. I use 3-4 foot flouro leads connected to power pro with a double uni all the time and never have any problems. Edit: with a clinch knot tied to lure or hook. Used to use the improved clinch but seems like the regular is stronger with flouro. At least for me. Always wet the line before pulling knot tight. I just started doing that this year. Really makes for a stronger knot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  7. fishenrg

fishenrg

For mono I love Trilene xl

For braid I prefer fireline crystal. I like powerpro too but my preference for fireline is probably superstition.

8. bobcolenso

bobcolenso Premium Member

Much like your other (political) preferences that we've discussed over the past few years!

I owed you that.

Well???

9. Scott K

Scott K

I use the 6 lb and I love it.

10. bobcolenso

bobcolenso Premium Member

All of my reels are spooled with 20# Power Pro. If I need a sacrificail leader I'll use 10# PP.

11. fishenrg

fishenrg

Chances are looking good that we will be out of town that weekend. My cousin is getting married that weekend. My brother and other bits of my extended family are staying at a couple of cabins on Horsehead Lake. That's tough to pass up!

But then again, I'm not the boss here and we'll see what she says we are doing! If we're home that weekend, we'll get together. Had Moomer's ice cream yet?

12. Drisc13

Drisc13

Spiderwire for braid and Gamma for flourocarbon

13. DaveW731

DaveW731

10ring: I LOVE Gamma: only mono I use. Bought some extra spools last year (4, 8, 12), so haven't checked out the line section at Gander recently.
    If there is any left on the shelves, gonna stock up and put it in the fridge! Used to be a Berkley Sensation user, guess I could go back if I have to.
    As for braids, love Powerpro: best combo between price, performance and durability.
    Seldom use 100% flouro; prefer Yo-Zuri hybred. Seems as low visibility as flouro, better handling than pure flouro.

14. 10 ring

10 ring

Yep, I forgot what the parent compay makes but they are getting out of the fishing line and sticking with the main product. Gander did have some on there clearance racks I picked out a few spools at 65% off. 10# and 14# too can't beat that.

15. Eyefull

Eyefull

Why not go PP on the riggers to? I switched my riggers to braid (spiderwire stealth) last year and loved it. Way less blowback, much quicker getting direct drive on fish after initial bite. I just tie on a 40' section of 30# Triple Fish Perlon leader, clip release to that at desired lead. Mono leader acts as a snubber. The deeper you fish the balls, the more benefit you get from the braid mainline.