Best in-line planer board rod?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fishman621, Oct 31, 2011.

1. UltimateOutdoorsman

UltimateOutdoorsman

:yeahthat: I've got 6 of them. Run them for trout on the big pond, and walleyes.

2. Fin-isher

Fin-isher Premium Member

Another vote for Ugly Stik here...I have 8 of them from 6'-8', and target walleye on Lk St Clair. Can't help hooking big Musky, Smallies, & Cats out there by accident trolling for 'eyes, and I've never had a problem. Dick's in Canton has a grand opening on Mich Ave & Canton Ctr, and I saw a some for $29.99 right now.

3. WallyKiller

WallyKiller

4. tsr770

tsr770

I've been super happy with my Okuma Classic Pro CP-LC-70 rods for running my Church boards. They're 7' leadcore/planer rods in medium action. Big heavy duty eyes and a decent reel seat. Tackle Haven in Benton Harbor sells them (He is also ALFS Tackle on Ebay) You can get a 4 pack of them from him for about $80 shipped to your door.

5. 10 ring

10 ring

I had the TDR's be carefull the tips like to break right under the second eye. Lost 2 in one trip. One with a fish on the other putting a board back on. They were a few years old, I liked them up to that point. This year I'm going to start switching to ugly sticks for the eyes.

6. trophy18

trophy18

Whatever northwoods has for 9.99 ur just fighting the board, i aint afraid to admit it:cool::cool: ur reel matters more than anything in case u hook a steelhead or laker....something other than a wet gym sock (walleye) and i love walleye fishing:sick: (wait for my numbers count, its coming.......:D) The trophys gonna lay the smack down:yikes:

7. bfaili01

bfaili01 Banned

Im going on my third year on those 9.99 rods and couldnt be happier. Ive caught walleye on a schooley so im sure the cheap northwoods rods are fine. :lol: