close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best fishing lake in Oakland County to live on?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by sudzinsky, Jan 24, 2018.

1. sudzinsky

sudzinsky

Hello everyone, new here and hoping I posted in the right place.
    I'm not familiar with the lakes in Oakland Country but am going to be buying a waterfront house there in the next year and would like to get some ideas on which lakes would be better to live on for fishing.

I fish primarily for sport and am most interested in small and largemouth bass as well as pike, but every once in a while I love a good pan fish dinner. Are there some lakes that you guys can recommend which are better than others for this type of fishing?

2. jstfish48162

jstfish48162

3. Zib

Zib

Walnut lake because no motor boats are allowed & it's a private lake.

4. sudzinsky

sudzinsky

I like the private lake concept. How are Sylvan Lake and Pine Lake for what I'm looking for?

5. Firefighter

Firefighter

Lake Angelus, Upper Straits, or Green.

Hope you won the lottery. :)

Downsea likes this.
  6. sudzinsky

sudzinsky

lol, I've been looking around all of these lakes and yes there are some crazy expensive houses! I was shocked when I started researching the market in that area. I don't need anything large though so hopefully that helps keep the prices a little more reasonable.

Firefighter likes this.
  7. Firefighter

Firefighter

Look into Williams lk.

Outdoorzfool likes this.
  8. shametamer

shametamer

If it were me, with the fish you want i would buy at DUNHAM LAKE.. and quick access to m-59 and u.s.23 for trips to work or north

9. Zib

Zib

I used to fish Pine Lk. back when the marina on the lake would rent row boats but then the lake association banned together to force them to stop renting boats to the "Riff Raft". Pine is a good bass & pike lake. There might be some lake trout left in there as well. The problem with Pine Lk is the A-hole boaters that don't know the boating rules. My buddy & I almost went over board when these a-hole skiers came full blast between us & shore. The DNR had planned to buy the last of the vacant land on Pine to put in a DNR ramp but again the lake association put their money together & out bid the DNR.

10. Mr Fipter

Mr Fipter

Walnut lake allows motorboats if you’re talking about the one by Telegraph. Waterskiing and wake boarding etc

11. Zib

Zib

They must have changed their rules. My wife's cousin used to like on Walnut Lake & when I fished it with him there were no motor boats allowed or maybe it was at certain times of the day that they weren't allowed. It's been over 20 years since I fished it so my CRS is preventing me from remembering but I do remember catching some very nice LM out of there.

12. ScotVic21

ScotVic21

It is a shame, I live on Walnut now and I hate the motor boats, it has become too dangerous. I am still trying to figure out where to go on the lake to catch something. All I've been able to catch are bluegill and some perch. I did catcha pike but I think that was just luck.

13. 1BADAIR

1BADAIR

voorhies- private lake in Orion

14. Quack attack

Quack attack

Cedar island lake has both small and largemouth bass along with plenty of panfish.

15. bobberbill

bobberbill