best baitcaster reel for jigging?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Cat Power, May 10, 2018.

1. Cat Power

Cat Power

I would like to buy a good baitcaster reel for jigging and I'm not sure what to get? Do you need Flippin switch, like I have heard? Not many reels out there with that feature that I can find.

thanks

Mark

2. Fun79z28

Fun79z28

I bought a Lew's combo for jigging. It was regularly $169 at Cabela's got it on sale for $99. I love it for jigging. I don't have a flipping switch but have no troubles making due without one. Just pull some line out manually.

3. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Thumb the spool, that works too

4. tgafish

tgafish Premium Member

5. Cat Power

Cat Power

That’s the one I was going to buy a couple days ago

Thanks

6. tgafish

tgafish Premium Member

I own 2 of them and they have spoiled me. No mechanical issues. Nice and smooth with heavier jigs. I have a hard time going back to spinning.

7. caash wortley

caash wortley

check out all the quantum line ups they have great reels i have the exo pt and love it but they no longer make it. I have also had luck with the shimano curado and curado k

8. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

I have Acurist 7.0 and EXO PT both have been great the last several years. Purchased a Lews last spring. The Lews does not have the flipping switch, cost more and the darn handle is loose. All 3 are only used for vertical jigging. Shimano Curado is solid reel but if you just want a reel for jigging it is an overkill. For casting the Curado is hard to beat.

9. mattman

mattman

if your on a budget the abu Garcia silver max has a flipping switch on it, they aren't great reels but also not terrible for the price. I have always been and probably always will be a shimano guy due to their strength, durability and smoothness. just put your hand on as many as you can.