Berts vs traxstech?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Airplanes, May 16, 2011.

1. Airplanes

Airplanes

Hello, I'm needing help deciding on what track to buy both look good and both are Michigan based companys so can some one chime in with some advice? Thanks

2. det07

det07

I prefer Traxstech..Bert's can be had a bit cheaper but I like the matte finish of the traxstech better. They also offer different colors and more accessories. I was able to mount all traxstech gear to my lund without drilling any holes..

[​IMG]

3. Airplanes

Airplanes

Ok you got me how did you mount the track without drilling any holes????:confused::confused::confused:

4. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

I think the Traxtec vs Berts comparison is akin to debating whether a comparably equipped red or black Camaro is faster, but my personal preference is for Berts. I love Berts ratcheting rod holders and their customer service rocks the 1 time I called them after an idiot brother / docking incident.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

5. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

He used suction cup bases. LOL:evil:;)

I used all Berts on my Lund. Never had any regrets with them. Well except the one time I tried to get Bert to make a mount for a Cannon Downrigger. Bert only made Big Jon bases at the time....... SO I made my own short pedestal mount then milled a few extra slots in the Cannon bases so they swiveled 22.5 degrees. When Bert saw this in Erieau on my boat he came over to check it out. He then told me his were better because they would lock in at 22.5 degrees instead of 45s like My Cannons. When I informed him my cannons lock it at 22.5 he said I was wrong. When I challenged him on this he replied 'Well you modified them then." I replied I never said I didn't LOL

Last I saw you can get Berts to fit Cannons. Anyway slightly off topic but I always grin when thinking of this.

Either way you cannot go wrong!

Skinner

6. det07

det07

http://traxstech.com/T-Bolt_Bracket.html

Using the T Bolt brackets like the one in the link.. I took the rear cap off from the boat rail and slid the brackets into the lund track and attached my tracks..

My picture above doesn't show it but I also have my A&S reels attached to Traxstech mounts that I use for walleye..I can vertical jig, handline and troll in the same trip without moving anything..When traxstech brings out their downriggers I will probably buy a pair of them too..Traxstech trees blow bert's out of the water!

I took my boat over to the traxstech factory and test fit everything that I wanted. I also received a discount for buying direct.. If you look at the handlining bracket you will see a picture of me holding my first walleye caught on their handline setup..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  7. bfaili01

bfaili01 Banned

This may sound a little bit like a no brainer but definetly shop around when you make your decision. The ratcheting rod holders from burts go for around 80 at some places and others will have them for under 50 bucks. This reminds me of planner boards at bass pro wanting more than double of what they cost at franks for the same exact board. I run the traxstech tracks with titelok rod holders and are very sturdy for what I use them for. Hope this helps

8. sylvan19

sylvan19

Traxstech, I like the finish and the options and accessories they offer.

9. steelheadmaniac

steelheadmaniac

All my tracks both pursuit (traxtech) or berts I picked up on steals....60-75percent off. Work equally as well. The berts ratcheting dipsy holders saved some bruises on my forearms the last couple of years reaching for a inferior rail mounted titelock diver rod thats smoking out drag in he holder. Last month I took 6 of my flip style pinless Titelock & made my own bird-trees which are welded on a 1.75" square base that drops right in and use them onboth boats. I think I picked up a 36" berts track for around $22.00 bucks from GM and did the same for a traxtech/pursuit 36" on e-Bay and split them in two equal lengths with a hack-band saw and added 2 holes so they look identical and I swap the bird trees and a couple holders from the docked boat to my lund 15ft.er for early/late seasonal use. Also GL Holders are quality also and its easy to get or make a plate which slides into the tracks also. Most of my Pin-Lock titelocks are used just for motoring in & out or in a big tote in the garage as I wish the berts/traxtech products were out years ago because the quality is worth WAY more than the price for a TL so spend a little more on those pursuit/berts holders.

SM

10. IN-HEAVY

IN-HEAVY

Ive had Burt's on my boat for 10 yrs Zero issues but I cant compare the two either as Ive never owned trax tech but I love my Burt's

IN-HEAVY

11. Walter Redeye

Walter Redeye

another vote for berts!...the initial investment was kinda expensive to get what I wanted but well worth it, these will last for years. The ratcheting rod holders are the cats meow compared to the trastex design, at least when I was shopping. And as said before, shop around you can find them cheaper than the box stores offer.

12. GottaWanna

GottaWanna

I prefer the Fishing Greats Track. Plain Anodized no problems with compatibility. Great prices too. Great Value. And made locally in Rockwood.

13. HookDUp365

HookDUp365

Another vote for fishing greats

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

14. UltimateOutdoorsman

UltimateOutdoorsman

I use bluewaters. Theyre made here in Traverse City. They use a ball and socket design, so you can quickly move them from rod storage mode to fishing mode with a flip of the handle. They do fit into berts or traxtech tracks, but on my boat the gunnels weren't wide enough so I had to go with their post set up.

An awesome product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. michigander88

michigander88

Will Berts rod holders fit in Traxstech tracks and vice-versa?