close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bear tooth results

Discussion in 'MichiganBear.com' started by Reeleasy, Mar 20, 2018.

1. ezcaller

ezcaller

Very cool had no idea they could determine birth years but I am not a bear guy.Watched the warden show where they used hunting dogs to find box turtles in Michigan thought that was cool too.Congrats on the bear!

2. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Good info provided there.....it may be worth something to her if one of you sent a different email stating what a nice job she does, etc. maybe only a pat on the back but sometimes a "thank you" makes someones day.......

3. FishHog

FishHog

that was great info and very interesting, thanks for sharing. If you send her a thank you email, please share that many others here appreciated it as well.

4. Sprytle

Sprytle Premium Member

Yep!

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:25 AM
    To: Cosgrove, Melinda (DNR)
    Subject: RE: Bear tooth results

Thank you so much for following up Melinda. How can you tell if it had cubs from a tooth sample? That is very interesting! I appreciate the work that you do. Have a great day!

Hoytman5 and MISTURN3 like this.
  5. Callinalldeer

Callinalldeer

Thanks for posting. I never knew they could tell when a sow had cubs.

Sprytle likes this.
  6. Beeg

Beeg

Found information about having cubs interesting . My wife and I got letters in mail last week , showing age results from our two Ontario spring bears. Her bear was 10 years old and mine was 4 years old. She has taken four Ontario archery bears since 2006. Their ages were 7, 2 at 8 and 1 at 10 years . She is not a trophy deer hunter but she sure is a trophy bear hunter. She holds out or just does not shoot.

Sprytle likes this.