close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bear rug cost?

Discussion in 'MichiganBear.com' started by sureshot006, Oct 6, 2017.

1. sureshot006

sureshot006

Yeah I figured you'd keep it but pricing of the options can be prohibitive to some.

I have a rug and a shoulder mount in my house. And a full in my parents house (wife is really digging in on having it in my house... lol). When I hunt again I will have to do something... probably sell the shoulder or rug to make room.

Hunting18 likes this.
  2. Joel/AK

Joel/AK

I got a couple rugs and 1 small full size bear in the basement.. wife used to be a taxidermist back home and she specialized in bears. I only paid cost. At first I thought it was cool until she started her own business and we had to buy equipment, make rugging tables, etc. Plus I was her cheap labor with skinning, fleshing, putty and paint, setting the form etc.

I don't care what something cost now, I turn it in......lmao

3. SFC(R) B

SFC(R) B

I shot this bear in OCT in the Flat Tops here in CO. I think it is going to square around 5'6" or so and it is running me $950 at B&L in Steamboat Springs for a mouth closed, double felt rug. This is my first bear and am pretty happy with the color on him. Should have him back about the end of the Summer 287_1508984913227.jpg

4. SFC(R) B

SFC(R) B

....forgot to mention, Mama saw the $475 charge on the card and said "Well , that isn't bad." I will just sock away cash a little at a time to pay the rest ;)

Crawfish, Luv2hunteup and Scottygvsu like this.