close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bear Baiter UP

Discussion in 'Help Wanted/Job Wanted' started by fowlharvestor, May 19, 2017.

1. fowlharvestor

fowlharvestor

I live in the central UP near Rapid River. I'm not a bear hunter but see lots of guys hauling up here and trying to bait in the weeks leading up to their hunts. So I have this idea where basically I find some hunters and work out a deal. You tell me where you want the bait. I go and put it out in that spot as often as you prefer for whatever price we agree upon. I suppose I could do the same thing for a deer hunter as well. I'm primarily a bird hunter so I'm always out wandering the woods up here anyways and if I can make some extra money on the side that would be great.

2. petronius

petronius

I envision a Yooper running around the woods with strawberry jam smeared on his behind.

Hunting18 likes this.

3. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

I think this could be a great opportunity. As long as you are honest, don't share bait locations and do what you say. I would like to hunt the Amasa or Baraga again but the drive is to long to do just for baiting aspect. If we had someone in that area, it would be worth it for that service.

If you could get the hunters to bring you the bait and you had just time and gas involved that might work out well for you. You could also send pictures off the camera checks when you bait to the customer so they could decide which bait they want to hunt.

hawgeye likes this.
  4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Nice gesture and a good money making opportunity. I'm sure you will eventually build up a client base.

5. fowlharvestor

fowlharvestor

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping just putting bait out wouldn't be considered guiding but I guess I'll have to look into that a bit deeper.
    I want to try this out and realize my integrity is the only thing that will get me referrals or repeat customers. Sure I may live up here and some folks automatically think that makes you a rough character but my wife and I are both successful and have good careers. I'm just looking for another avenue to make some money and have fun doing it.

6. CrawlerHarness

CrawlerHarness

. I think it is a great idea. Your minimum price should be the cost of the bait plus the cost of gas it would take to get from Detroit there and back, plus the factor of 10 hours driving. Make sure you use GPS coordinates and satellite pics and I think you will have a winning business.

7. snowhunter

snowhunter