Beads

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by johnsonk, Oct 20, 2016.

1. johnsonk

johnsonk

GLSCo UV blood red and UV scrambled have arrived. I had decent success on translucent orange 8mm and tangerine 10mm combo this past weekend. I was reading about the egg stages recently .... I feel like it might be time to try some dead egg colors soon like white/pearl/cotton candy?????

2. johnsonk

johnsonk

3. brian0013

brian0013

Can any one give me a some basic shot patterns

4. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

Check out the Raven site they have good info on shot patterns that should help you.

D

RobW likes this.
  5. brian0013

brian0013

Thank u been trying every thing with the pin can't seem to hook up in the Ausable . Lol that rivers been kicking my ass all week

6. brian0013

brian0013

Do you put shot on your litter or just on the main line ? And how long of a liter do u run?

7. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

I do both, but normally prefer to use a shot line with swivels at each end of shot line. It all depends on the river conditions (depth, flow and clarity), my mainline (some times I use Hi-Vis line) and the presentation that I want. T

D

8. brian0013

brian0013

Thank u .i actually meet a guy at the footed dam that was pinning and he showed me what u just explained with the shot line and two swivels.also I got to watch his spinning side cast which I must say I picked rite up on .lol hope for less line twist now was driving me nuts

9. johnsonk

johnsonk

I've been running a 12 inch shot line and a 24-36 inch lead and it's worked great. Double bead motted orange and chartreuse been killing it for me. Wondering if as it gets colder should I be going to 12mm beads or smaller 8mm...????

10. jmaddog8807

jmaddog8807

So you run a 12 inch shot line and then a 2-3 foot leader to your bead? This still allows your bead to get down far enough?

11. johnsonk

johnsonk

Running a slip bobber is what allows you get down or stay up. Just make sure you have enough shot to get it down and make sure you have enough lead so the mainline isn't visable to fish especially if you use high vis line.

slowpaya likes this.
  12. johnsonk

johnsonk

Does anyone fish beads for the summer run steel? I've never tried so just curious. Seems like a no because nothing is spawning but I've been wrong about plenty of other things!

slowpaya likes this.
  13. SND

SND

I drifted one for grins while trout fishing the west side recently. Was surprised when a resident came right out and grabbed it. May give it a try on the pin later this month when I'm over that way again.

slowpaya likes this.
  14. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

niko got 1 on bead yesterday at 6th str

15. slightofhand

slightofhand

Alot of my buddies in NY are running deathroe soft beads right now with the glass bead inside for a yolk. I have heard they catch them quite often on some of the blue and bright green ones. That might just be a thing over there, maybe different water color not sure. I ordered some but haven't tried them yet, mostly natural colors. They look and feel nice, and do sink similar to a natural egg where alot of beads I have tried actually float...not desirable.