Beads

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by johnsonk, Oct 20, 2016.

1. johnsonk

johnsonk

Anyone rocking the double bead rig?? That's about all I do because I can't stand curing eggs. I do decent but not great. I usually go with natural roe, tangerine, pearl, or pink. Whats the go to?.....besides red dot.

2. FishKilla419

FishKilla419

I prefer 1 bead.

STEELnICE and Treven like this.

3. Bob Hunter

Bob Hunter

I prefer1 bead also, the second bead sometimes gets hooked into the fishes body creating a big problem . I like the natural colors, peach works good also, chartreuse or beads that have a chartreuse hue in the water are good options.Dont forget a dead egg color in the winter, and very early spring too.

STEELnICE likes this.
  4. BigClem620

BigClem620

I a lot of luck with the egg shell white bead last year. See if it does good this year.

nichola8 likes this.
  5. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

I believe he was referring to two beads together, above one hook...ie "double-bead rig". I could be wrong.

6. johnsonk

johnsonk

I've done it both ways as far as single hook or double hook, I was just referring to colors because I haven't had much luck this fall. I have a wide variety but mainly naturals, just wondering if anyone does extremely well with anything out of the ordinary, like green or blue....etc.

7. BigClem620

BigClem620

Where do you purchase your beads? If you haven't already you should check out Great Lakes Steelhead Co. They are on facebook, they have a huge selection of beads plus a lot of new ones this year. I buy a couple different colors a month so when spring comes around can really see what they are liking

8. holly wood

holly wood

Use the bead color that most resembles the chum eggs.

9. rbarta

rbarta

Tangerine has out produced for me, have tried about a dozen colors in all water stains. But always find myself going back to tangerine before I end a trip.

10. johnsonk

johnsonk

Orange mottled and red/yellow mottled red dot produced for me this past weekend, even though I didn't land any of my hook-ups. I just bought some scrambled super orange and blood red in UV from great lakes steelhead. I'll put those to the test when I get them!

11. Quinn Knudsen

Quinn Knudsen

I am a very big fan of chartreuse blood dot as well as egg yolk. Try some glsco beads in brilliant and hot egg color.

12. vano397

vano397

Always messing with something... I usually do a bright color up top and a natural lower. Also find luck in the red/pink spectrum for the upper bead. But, that can all change tomorrow. Can't be afraid to tie knots if you aren't finding fish.

13. GrsyChickenWing

GrsyChickenWing

I'm a big fan of the DBR with size #8 hooks. Supple leader material helps with the rolling action, just my opinion. Love to mix and match bead colors until I pattern the fish based on the egg bite.

14. Fishndude

Fishndude

My wife took us to Alaska 6 years ago, for a fishing trip. The lodge owner had beads for anyone who wanted them. He had exactly 1 box, of 10,000 beads - all Orange. Free for the asking. He bought toothpicks on commercial size boxes, too. There must be a reason he only had Orange beads to give to his clients. I took a multitude of colors of beads. Orange got the job done best, by far. Red rubber eggs were 2nd for me.

15. Brado

Brado

Glow roe my go to. But I learned not to get stuck on a color. Some of my better days where on colors I never fished before. I break a good color off i was catching fish on then put a different color never fished before and crush them.