Bay trolling 11-21-20

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by Fishon1546, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Gone_Hunting

Gone_Hunting

I'm going with a walleye

2. Josh R

Josh R Premium Member

Big Lampery. It was on a big Grease Ball
    I mentioned kurls corner, it was a bait shop in Harrisville that would give you a free hook if you brought in a Lampery [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. Fischman

Fischman

Lake trout with a lamprey, We caught a laker in the same area.

4. Fishon1546

Fishon1546

I’ll post full report soon. East side today cuz the waves were horrible this morning. 25-27fow. Done with 2 man from 7:30-11:30

ThreeDogsDown and HookemHarm like this.
  5. fishgtbay

fishgtbay

We were out there yesterday also, and one of the eyes we caught had a relatively recent lamprey mark on its side.

ThreeDogsDown, anagranite and Josh R like this.
  6. Fishon1546

Fishon1546

With the waves/wind this morning we knew running up to Standish wasn’t happening so we pointed into the waves an went to the east side. Sat down in 25fow an started rolling with them. Caught 2 on the set up an 6 on the first pass which ended up west of the channel. Picked up an ran back up an set up for a second run. Had 4 rods out an hit a triple on the second set up. After netting those 3... the 4th went off. Got them all. Shortened our second drift after we had 12 in the boat. Ran backup an finished up around 11:30.
    DDHJ-12 atomic perch an gold/black stripes was good 70-90 back.
    Bandits gold an that red/maroon purple perch pictured in my previous picture was good 60-80 back. 1.2 sog was best but we did have a lot of wave surge. 10 females an 6 males. We did have 3 pullbacks that never connected. When we caught those set up fish I was going 1.5-1.7sog. 7E0B8C69-665D-48CA-9E22-A30420B08D0D.jpeg 1AFE3531-0EE6-4412-9E85-ADB4B1AD1ECD.jpeg

7. CrawlerHarness

CrawlerHarness

Boat looks pretty wet. I am guessing you were taking some waves over the stern?

8. Josh R

Josh R Premium Member

We struggled a bit it seems as we didn't get done until 2pm and started at dusk, past 2 days was faster action. But we still ended 16 for 19 which is good with 3 additional lakers, 2 big perch and a really big Pike. Best was 86-106 back with DDHJs bandits and Top 20s. The Top 20s actually started doing good late morning into the afternoon
    Bright yellows were our best colors

Great weekend all in all, quick 2 man Friday, 8 for myself yesterday and another 2 man plus some bonus fish today. Weather wasn't bad, good friends on board Friday and today. Lotta good talk and memories from our fallen fishermen.
    Tight lines fellas, hopefully back on the water turkey day and all next weekend weather permitting [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Josh R

Josh R Premium Member

I'm guessing lotta fish coming on board fast and not the greatest weather to dry it quickly

10. Fishon1546

Fishon1546

A few came over the back while trolling. Boat was mainly soaked from the ride to the east side. It wasn’t a fun ride to the east side today from Linwood for sure. Normally my boat does great by not getting u soaked but today I was pushing her hard into those waves. Trim tabs definitely were a big help today!

ThreeDogsDown likes this.
  11. hhlhoward

hhlhoward Premium Member

Josh R likes this.
  12. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Premium Member

Very nice job and thank you for sharing and building our enthusiasm.

13. Gone_Hunting

Gone_Hunting

I didnt even see the lamprey I was looking into the net LOL. Even then I guessed wrong but knew it looked light colored. Stupid phone screen lol.
    Keep killing em, I'll be back out very soon..
    Thank you. We did better than expected without searching too hard...
    Started off running 3 rods with bandits and 3 with huskies and couldnt buy a pullback with bandits. I did get a snag in 19fow on my outside board and broke off a hook? Running 110 back(at the beginning of the day) no specific colors out produced for us.

Deer Slayer, fishgtbay and Josh R like this.
  14. Fishon1546

Fishon1546

were u fishing by nets? We almost ran one over by Ericsson rd in 20fow on Saturday.

15. Gone_Hunting

Gone_Hunting

Not any that I seen.