Bay today

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by icefalcon, May 16, 2018 at 4:46 PM.

1. icefalcon

icefalcon

Fished west side today with 100 or so others. 19-22'. Caught maybe 20 but only 6 legal
    Meat on bottom.
    Wind doesn't look good for several days now

Sent from my XT1254 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Ralph Smith likes this.
  2. fishondave

fishondave

We fished west side south to north of Linwood in 14 to 16 fow and caught seven keepers and 8 shorts and a couple farm animals and a large pike that really messed up our lines. All on flicker shads.

3. laker71

laker71

Fished straight out of Linwood today...18-21 FOW.
    Crawlers out 25-30' with 1oz inlines. Purple & chartreuse seemed to be the color of choice.
    Two man limit in about 4hours. Mix of 16"-21"ers with 3 throwbacks....plus a catfish and approx a 10# sheephead.

"Big Tuna" and Rico like this.
  4. add-a-line

add-a-line

We fished straight out of Linwood today near the cigar. we used flicker shad, flicker minnows and bandits at 1.4-1.6. Flickers were out 65-90 and bandits out 50-60. We fished in 21-22 fow. Ended up with 14, most being pretty small, 14-17". We heard about fast limits of big fish in the area the day before but that wasn't us today. When we returned to LBM it seemed that most had gotten between 6-12 today with the size being like ours. Beautiful day to be on the water.

5. Eyes4me

Eyes4me

Got a 1 man limit yesterday. First time ever for me, HURRAY! They were 14-1/2" to 21" in 7' FOW at 1.2-1.5 mph evenly split between crawler with 2oz snap weight and flicker shads 15'-25' back. Turned back 1 shorty, 4 sheep head, 1 pike, 1 smallie, 1 perch and 1 large white bass.

6. bulletslinger

bulletslinger Premium Member

East side 2 man limit in 3hrs. Once we got on the fish it was hard to keep all lines in the water at once. Thats the way we like it