Bay outboard Marine - Starweld 2000 pro

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by 1fishingnut, Mar 30, 2018.

1. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but has anyone done business with Bay Outboard Marina? I just ordered a Starweld fusion pro 2000 from them. Wednesday they called me back and said they had 2 in production that we're going to be done today. After I paid the deposit I was told by a different salesman that the boat wouldn't be out if production until May 7th. I'll be lucky to get it before the end of May... Needless to say I'm a little frustrated and thinking I was played a little. I hope that's not the case!

I'm trying to figure out what shaft length I need for a bow mount trolling motor. Anyone own this model?

2. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

I bought my 12 StarCraft 21 Fishmaster there. But, I bought at end of season with no motors or any rigging. LBM did all the work on it. Seems fishy that a boat that is in production now would not be delivered until May. I would be talking to them again to get the story straight, I'd also be making calls to other Starweld dealers to see what they have in stock.

Don't know how deep that boat is but I just swapped a 60in for a 72 as I needed the length. I do have a used 60in Terrova 101 I-pilot link for sale.

3. dachief

dachief

Howard Baumann likes this.
  4. walleye50

walleye50

Have the starweld pro 20 60 in shaft on mine seems to be ok,
    There not as deep as your fish Master, that 21 you have sure is deep ,was looking at them last year boat show but we're out of my price range unfortunately.

5. rz6x59

rz6x59

I bought a 150 rude from them last year. They rigged it up. Seemed to do a decent job and were very quick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Howard Baumann likes this.
  6. Radar

Radar

We've been buying boats from them since the early 70s. They are some of the best around.

Howard Baumann and icefalcon like this.
  7. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

24v? How much?

GettinBucky likes this.
  8. eagle eyes

eagle eyes

My tourney fishing partner just bought the same boat two weeks ago. He talked to them and they said they didn't know exactly when it will be ready. He is getting the run around. I told him to tell them he will go to Augres Marine and buy one from them. His first payment starts next week without the boat. It doesn't take 2 weeks to install a trolling motor. Myself personally, I would be cancelling the boat and would be going elsewhere. It sure does sound like the same story. Good Luck

9. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

I worked with Kevin also...no issues. Just doesn't seem right that the OP would get told something different after giving a deposit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

36v $1200 with the quick release mounting bracket.

11. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

Thanks... I think I'm going with a 24v 72".

12. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

Go 36V if u have room for batteries....you won't regret it.

snortwheeze likes this.
  13. jakeo

jakeo

I bought my 2017 Starcraft 186 Titan from them last March with the 150hp G2 HO engine and have had nothing but great relationship with them ever since.Mine was a demo and they went and had every option I ever wanted plus including the tandem trailer and will buy my next from them also. I bought over the phone and salesman was A+ but Kevin and Jack have been my go to guys with my questions. They are 2.5 hours from me but I will only let them touch anything that might need to be but with 147 hrs on it now I have no reason to think of that.
    IMHO I would ask why I was told one thing and then another no matter where I bought from.
    Please let me know how the Starweld treats your needs.

Attached Files:

14. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

It's set up for 2...but I agree 36 would be better! Looks like I'll need the longer shaft too.

15. mlemmer

mlemmer

Augres marina is a great place to do business with... Bought my Starcraft in 2013 and do all my business there. Rick Is a great guy, no BS and does everything possible to get you on the water. Hard to find a team like that now a days.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app