close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bathroom hand dryers spraying poop on your hands, study finds

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by CHASINEYES, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Big Skip

Big Skip

If things entered your bloodstream through their nose, some of my buddies at poker would have issues! I dont know if i could tell my friends i entered them via fart lmao!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

2. yoopertoo

yoopertoo

Actually, that's not necessarily true either. Smell is a detection of molecules in the air accomplished through surface binding. The molecules in the air may be absorbed through the same mucous membranes, but I don't think it is necessarily true. Your body does have barriers.

Even if some of these molecules are absorbed still they are not what is the problem. The problem with fecal matter is particulates which may contain disease causing bacteria and viruses. This is the concern. I'm just as paranoid in public bathrooms as many on here because of pathogens on particulates, not fecal particulates per se, as gross as they sound.

3. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Well I ain't a doctor but I reckon when you do smell (breath in) something, like a toxic chemical or tobacco or whatever, that is how it gets into your body and the effects are then felt.

I'll take the nurses word for it thank you!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. flint

flint

Jeans are for drying hands in public restroom.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

petronius likes this.
  5. TK81

TK81

That's why I quit wearing dockers.

6. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

A co-worker pointed this out to me years ago. The worst case are the people that just quickly run their hands through the water without really removing much and then go to the dryer to just blow it around the room.

Me, I try to wash my hands and then use towels if available, and then, if the door swings in to use the towel to open the door. (most airports etc. have now gone to doorless bathrooms).

Before I get to bent about bathrooms though, I worry more about doorknobs and handrails in public places. Try this; fly through a public airport. Use the escalator and hand rail. When you get to the top, or bottom, get off and wipe your eyes; or go to the nearby restaurant and eat without washing your hands. (I had a relative that always wondered why they got sick when they traveled).

I think about the worse I have seen is the airport in Houston (if memory serves me right) that there in not a bathroom within 50 yards of the food court. Try washing your hands before you eat in that case.

As bad as public bathrooms are, I always try to wash my hands after walking through an airport if I touched the handrails etc.

I will also trade the bathroom risks for not washing my hands before I eat after I opened the door etc. from all the people with dirty hands.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Scout 2 and petronius like this.
  7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

So I sometimes don't use soap. It depends on the bathroom. If it is disgusting in there and I have to push or pump a dispenser that is sitting damp gross looking conditions I will bypass soap and do the rinse. Why add more germs to the mix? The soap isn't doing near as much good as you think it is. 95% of the people don't scrub well enough for soap to make a difference anyway. That being said I never use blow dryers. Always my pants or paper towel. The blow dryers cause a wet spot on the floor for germs to reproduce. Especially them new high powered units.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

petronius likes this.
  8. yoopertoo

yoopertoo

Airports are the worst!

Northernfisher likes this.
  9. mcfish

mcfish

This thread stinks.

10. RMH

RMH Premium Member

[​IMG]

TK81, Hammer62 and petronius like this.
  11. zig

zig

So, as I understand this.... if I never wash anything, none of this matters.

12. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

Almost, if you do not go to bathroom, none of this matters.

(If you never go to the bathroom you might be qualified to post on the political forum).

Liver and Onions and zig like this.
  13. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

What about walking through a fart cloud? Isn't that just a methane gas cloud full of fecal material someone left?

MOPP 4 is the only way to combat this biological warfare...