Bass Fishing Ludington Harbor/ PM Lake

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by PaperbackDmitri, Mar 16, 2017.

1. PaperbackDmitri

PaperbackDmitri

Hi guys,

New to the forums here and I was wondering if anyone had an knowledge about fishing for bass in Pere Marquette Lake and Ludington Harbor. I'd like to target smallmouths but largemouths are still more than welcome.

Should I just fish the breakwalls of the harbor and riprap in PM? What presentations should I use?

2. MichiganderFisherman

MichiganderFisherman

Fished PM a little bit, never really got into bass, you may have better luck over at Hamlin Lake. Tight lines!

PaperbackDmitri likes this.

3. Buckbaker

Buckbaker

I have a friend who loves bass fishing Hamlin. I haven't fished it myself but he claims it's good for both Largemouth and Smallmouth you just hit different ends of the lake.

4. Fishing machine.

Fishing machine.

I have fished PM lots and I find the bass fishing and pike fishing to be really good. I use a dropshot on the dropoff and tear the smallmouth up. I have also done well on spy baits and just a simple tube.

PaperbackDmitri likes this.
  5. PaperbackDmitri

PaperbackDmitri

Thanks so much! I'll be giving that a try as soon as it decides to get warm out again!

6. storman

storman

Ive never tried it but i see guys quite a bit bass fishing when i head out salmon fishing they must be catching something. Lots of gobies in my Marina so must be some smallies around.

7. Fishing machine.

Fishing machine.

IMG_20150724_085024754_HDR.jpg FB_IMG_1487275571806.jpg here's a pike from the PM. The. Salmon fish is unbelievable if you can get on a boat.

TKZ Outdoors likes this.