Basic 4 wheeler. Recommendations?

Discussion in '4 Wheeling - ATVs' started by shaffe48b, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

You didn't?

shaffe48b likes this.
  2. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

I had a 1998 Polaris sportsman until my son wrecked it last August. It had more damage then it was worth fixing for me, sold it for $1200.00 and put that towards a new 570. I don’t know where your located but Honda East down in Maumee Ohio was the best price hands down. They advertised on Craig’s list previous years model’s, mine is a basic 570 sportsman that’s all I needed .
    Flight

shaffe48b likes this.

3. Matt V

Matt V

W

When I purchased my quad, all of the dealers that I contacted did this. My 570 was listed at $4999, out the door was $5999, the 450 was $600 less. There was a dealer in Wisconsin that didn't charge all of the extra fees, he was $500 less than what I paid. Thought about driving over there to get it, but really wouldn't have saved that much after gas.....

shaffe48b likes this.
  4. shaffe48b

shaffe48b

I decided to buy up here. That way they are closer for service if something goes wrong and renting a trailer and driving four hours each way and even then maybe not making a deal didnt seem too good for me.

Yamaha dealer priced a kodiak 450 for only $300 more than what I was going to drive for but they only had expensive eps models in stock. They didn't have a solid time when the next non eps model would be in stock and the next two weren't until October.

For about $60 dollars more than the kodiak 450 the polaris dealer had a sportsman 570. (Another dealer had a 450 but for only 200 dollars less.) So I went with it. In the end I could of drove 4 hours each way and paid about 1k less for a 450 but I got a pretty good deal on the 570.

Riding it today I made it through everything that stuck my truck and more in two wheel drive without a sweat. Maybe I should have gotten something smaller in 2x4.

But I learned something when I got my little 1986 500 honda cruiser off craiglist thinking I just wanted to get easy parking downtown. I actually ended up riding a lot and 3 months later bought a newer 1300 anyways. Well...this 4x4 570 should stop me from needing to upgrade.

Attached Files:

5. Matt V

Matt V

Nice, congratulations! Make sure that you buy a battery maintainer and keep it on whenever not in use. My 570 is a 2017 and I am on my 4th battery. The dealer said that it is because the sportsman doesn't have a decompression valve (I believe). So every 4th or 5th time that you start it, depending on where it is in the compression stroke, it will struggle to turn over. I will hit the key and it takes 3 - 4 seconds to turn over. This kills the battery if not fully charged. My neighbor bought a new 570 last summer and just had to replace his battery last month.....

shaffe48b likes this.