Banjo Minnow

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Jman, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman

Thank you for the tackle section.

Quick question, Anyone ever have any luck with the banjo minnow? I bought the set last year and have got a few small ones on there, but nothing to get excited about, especially after spending $20 for the kit.

I have had much better luck using my trusty plastic worm this year.

Any success stories with them? or are they a total gimmick?

2. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

Not sure, had a set(gift)for 20 years, never been wet.

Thanks Steve and friends, good idea!

Harry

3. DaveW731

DaveW731

Saw a buddy catch a couple on one a few years ago. Not quite the lethality the ads impute to them.

4. jasomx6

jasomx6

have fished with banjo minnow kit that my mom bought for me, honestly havn't spent more than an hour fishing with it, but never caught a fish.

Also bought the chatterbait kit and no luck either, and I know that others have caught fish on chatter baits.

5. Bulletproof

Bulletproof

Never actually used a Banjo, but have had some success on baits very similar in style......Soft plastic jerk baits, something like a Zoom Fluke comes to mind.

6. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

YUP....
    And like many baits - the "puppet" is no better that the "puppeteer".

:lol: :evilsmile :fish2:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  7. jd_7655

jd_7655

Anyone remember the flying lure? They use to have a infomercial late at night on it. Anyways my step brother had one so I figured I'd give it a shot and caught a 15lb pike on it.

8. Jman

Jman

Yeah I tried again with them the other night and didn't get a bite, went back to my trusty crawler and killed em. Oh well, won't be falling for those gimmicks again soon, lol.

9. kzoochromer

kzoochromer

you have to fish em right, and it's usually slower than most want to. Let me know before you throw em in the lake though, I'll take em off your hands;)

10. Jman

Jman

yeah I even watched the dvd that came with them and did exactly what was said on the dvd and had no luck. Then I threw my crawler in and caught an 18" Largemouth, lol.

11. triplehooked

triplehooked

My buddy bought some for kicks.......but never had any luck with them. They sure made them look good on TV!

12. sport72186

sport72186

I bought the first generation banjo kit years ago. Tried the minnows a lot and never caught a fish. I even tried to fish them in a trout pond with starving fish and had no luck :lol: The banjo frog worked well on the bass though!

13. wchancey

wchancey

Please say it ain't so , I have been waiting for my order to arrive, and getting nothing but grief from my fishing buddy about what a sucker I am.

How could anything that looks so good not work , I will be posting pictures of all the fish that I catch with my Banjo Minnows as soon as I get them.

14. jigworm

jigworm

They work. My wife likes to use them and recently asked when I was going to get her some more. I tend to stick to other soft stick baits like super flukes.

15. slapneck

slapneck

I would give a thumbs up to the Banjo. My buddy took it with him on our trip last year, and even though I gave him crap for it, he out fished us with it. Caught everything on it.