close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

***** BAND THREAD 2017-2018 *****

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Duck-Hunter, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

this was a great day... because we ended up going old school and it paid off... IMG_1624.jpg

2. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

3. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

we had a supper blow (30mph plus) that day and the birds were getting blown off the A-Frames and dekes and floating to 40yds.... we had 3 birds work well but we where missing out on the majority of the birds.... 30 yds or less is our goal.... we ended up jumping in the ditch that ran the field... roughly 60 yds down wind and backed off on the calling (with the wind it didn't matter) and let them do there thing.... just working the birds on the pass.... ended up with birds so close over the top of the ditch we had to wait for them to get out far enough to shoot... less than 15 min later we had a 5 man limit....

before layout blinds and way before A-Frames all we hunted was ditches.... I forgot how good a ditch with good cover can be.... it all worked mainly because the wind was just howling that day....

we could have moved the A-Frames but shooting out of a ditch is just a hoot...

4. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

A good ol fashioned ambush! Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. JSchipper

JSchipper

Great way to end 2017!!! Last day - 2 shots, 2 ducks. This is my 5th year hunting and I was lucky enough to snag a band off Suzie. She was tagged in 2013 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. IMG_0253.JPG

#henkiller

6. LoBrass

LoBrass Premium Member

20171206_101705.jpg Dec. 6th. Limited on ducks. Goose was a single that dove right in.
    Banded in Luna Pier immature 2017 killed in Erie. Moved about 2 miles I'd figure.
    Only band for me.

AaronJohn likes this.