close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Baitcaster float line?

Discussion in 'South West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Kozzman, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Kozzman

Kozzman

Looking for a better float line. I currently have Bloodline and am dealing with a lot of stretch in the float line. The problem is allot of missed hook sets because of stretch. I'm looking for a better float line that has good float with no tip hangups and not much stretch. Thanks

2. addictivefishing12345

addictivefishing12345

You're looking specifically for a line that floats? I would just use braid to a fluorocarbon leader if you're getting to much stretch.

AllenMorgan likes this.

3. Sea Fish

Sea Fish

Raven is decent. Used the blood run and liked too.

4. AllenMorgan

AllenMorgan

That's what I was going to say. Just make sure you have a levelwind baitcaster, otherwise the line will "dig in" on the spool.

5. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

X2

6. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

Braid is the best for non-stretch, however most braids do not work well in sub-freezing temps for winter Steelhead fishing as they tend to freeze. All mono line will stretch, there are some that stretch less than others and I have found that Suffix ProMix and P-Line CXX tend to stretch less in my experience with them on float rods. Suffix Siege is another line that I tend to use on my spinning rods for bottom bouncing and it seems to work well although there is not much line out when setting the hook.

D

7. Kozzman

Kozzman

Thanks guys, I'm going to try something else. In my opinion Bloodrun is way to stretchy.

8. Nikotav1

Nikotav1

Suffix sun line is great and I like power pro braid in yellow but I don’t use it for winter

9. Corey K

Corey K

Try 17lb Nanofil, I have very good luck with it all winter long. The line will fray from a little ice build up, I cut back 5' or so every couple trips. Nanofil does not hold water like braid.

10. Fishndude

Fishndude

Siglon FF for me. It floats great, and has low stretch. I bump up the size I would normally use, because it seems to have a lower breaking point than most lines I am used to. I use 15# float line, to a 10# fluorocarbon shot leader, and an 8# flourocarbon hook leader.