Bait caster used like a center pin

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by DCampbell, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Clum

Clum

You guys have no clue.

The versatility of this bad boy knows no bounds. From chuckin hardware to bobber doggin, this one will get it done.

[​IMG]

stickbow shooter, REG and Sam22 like this.
  2. Rasputin

Rasputin Premium Member

Where do I get one! LOL I remember seeing the ads for those decades ago.

3. Clum

Clum

lol. I used to have one when I was a kid. I remember using it in a small pond by the house catching blue gills. One day my brother and I thought of the great idea of hooking a piece of bread and catching a duck with it. Well it worked, but what a terrible idea. Still feel bad about that, poor duck.

stickbow shooter likes this.
  4. Millstream

Millstream

I picked up a Daiwa reel with the T-bar which casts light weights better and this model holds more line. I have a Dick Swan casting rod with the twist guides from one of his former pro staff. It is a bit too light though. So I plan to use it for low flow conditions. The system casts well but haven't used it much yet.

5. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

My buddy and I both have the Diawa Tutula models with the "T" bar and really like them. The only draw back that we have seen so far is that in frog water any of the BC reels we have used for float fishing do not work as well as a center pin reel. I have not tried this new Tutula in frog water yet and am looking forward to seeing if the "T" bar helps. We both think it will as when line is coming of the reel it seems a lot smoother.

D