Auto Insurance claim ? Freemont Insurance?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by laserstraight, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Depending on the severity/complexity of the claim these things can take time. This is especially true if there is another party involved and if there is bodily injury. However lack of communication or updates is completely unacceptable. You should certainly be shopping. Your policy was in force when your claim was submitted so don’t worry if you plan to switch. I’ve seen claims settled years later when the insured party long severed ties. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

2. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

You might have to make a trip to the insurance company's office in Fremont.

OH-YEAH!!! likes this.

3. laserstraight

laserstraight

Not severe at all as far as the claim. A nice buck ran into the side of my truck on
    US131 N. of GR.
    It was a heck of a show in my rear view mirror. Then it was immediately ran over
    over by a truck hauling sides by sides. A couple tires on the truck and trailer came
    off the ground at least 1 foot. Thankfully they did not loose control of the Vehicle.
    Then it was immediately hit again by two more cars in the slow and fast lane.
    I pulled over to look at my damage, the other 3 vehicles just keep driving.

4. Shoeman

Shoeman Mod

Maybe call the local news channel. They love that stuff!

laserstraight likes this.
  5. laserstraight

laserstraight

Yea, that is not a good idea for me.....I am a patient person to a point.
    That is why I came here and ask if I was being impatient.
    I always try to look at things from both sides.
    But once I feel like I am being taken advantage of, all bets are off.
    I would end up in jail..
    I'm old and when I grew up if two people had a
    disagreement they would go out back and have a fist fight...
    Now I'm not saying that I would go there and physical assault someone.
    But the swearing and the screaming that I would do at there offic would land me in jail....
    You got to know your limitations!

Petronius and martini77 like this.
  6. Lymanguyoldman6871

Lymanguyoldman6871

if your car is in a body shop or at towng company impound make sure you tell them not to release the car without your approval
    insurnace companies hate to pay storage fees

laserstraight likes this.
  7. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Insurance companies can be a pain in the ass.
    I totaled my last car after owning it for two months. Had a gap policy on.
    Worst part I had filed bankruptcy that morning.
    Car was towed to the shop. Within one day I was told it was a total lost, than given a form of what they were to pay.
    Called up the gap policy and sent them info never heard from them. Two months latter I was still waiting on both of them to pay this car off.
    Had to go see the judge and handed over all my paperwork from this claim, and was asked for the title to the car. Gave it to her.
    She asked where the car was . I told her and showed her on the phone gps that the insurance company had taken possession of it, and taken it to their lot.
    She looked at me and ask do you have a car now.
    Told her I do not. Because this car has not been paid off yet, and now I am showing to be behind on payments.
    She handed me some documents saying the trustee of bankruptcy has authorized myself to get another loan, and told me that the old car and loan was nolonger my problem.
    Not sure what all went down after that. All I know is thanks to her I was able to get a new car and alot better interest rate.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

laserstraight and Petronius like this.
  8. uofmball1

uofmball1

I would go into your office in Webberville and have your agent call them with you there. If they are not willing to help you then you need to find a new agent.

9. martini77

martini77

while you are out shopping around I second the looking into Farm Bureau. I have had great service form them on claims I have had. Totaled a car once and got higher than KBB value. Every claim has been handled quickly and with no hassle, be it windshield, deer accident, unknown parking lot fender bender. Heck they even called me after an accident to ensure I was feeling ok and didn't need to go seek medical treatment.

laserstraight and d_rek like this.
  10. d_rek

d_rek

That's who I have and they are generally great to deal with. Not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive - not by a long shot!

laserstraight and martini77 like this.
  11. martini77

martini77

and the customer service is top notch, I can go into my local office and they know me by name and are always friendly and very helpful!

I did price a vehilce out through progressive one time and FB was cheaper.

12. OH-YEAH!!!

OH-YEAH!!! Premium Member

They’re owned by AAA now and 95 pct of their adjusters are working from home.

Petronius likes this.
  13. OH-YEAH!!!

OH-YEAH!!! Premium Member

If you would like me to send a letter for free on my firm www.wminjurylaw.com letterhead indicating that you’ve grown weary of waiting, I’d be happy to do so no charge. Just email me at [email protected]

Fremont is not the same company they were before AAA acquired them and MEEMIC in my opinion.

#1wallygator, Shoeman, TK81 and 11 others like this.
  14. laserstraight

laserstraight

Thank you for the offer. Tomorrow I am going to call and try to find out who my agent is and make it is problem. But I am going to retain your information!
    Thank you very much!

Petronius and OH-YEAH!!! like this.