1. walyking

walyking

well said erik

fishrod likes this.
  2. jmaddog8807

jmaddog8807

This river is where I developed my love for steelhead fishing. Running around as a kid, talking to everyone fishing, trying to figure out what they were using and how to run the holes. Remember those parking lots being so packed they lined up on Rea rd. So much has changed since then, but I'm forever grateful that my dad took me up there and let me learn how to steelhead fish. Even with the lower numbers than the west side, and I live 15 miles from one of the best chrome rivers around, this river will always be my favorite.

3. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

They’ve just got to figure out why the plants aren’t giving a good return. The AS seems to fluctuate a great deal year to year on quantity of return. There was a five year stretch from 2010-2014 where it really got good again. It’s since fallen off for whatever reason. Fall has really been tough the last few years on steelhead.

As for the rest of your post...spot on. Once you become an Au Sable guy, you stay that way. My buddies and I all fish several streams on the East side, and enjoy good to great fishing, but everyone of us gets totally geeked when the Au Sable fires up good. Nothing better than a hot bite on the Big A!

4. Fishndude

Fishndude

The Ausable is definitely my favorite river to fight Steelhead in. Plenty of wood to make it interesting, and challenging.

white whale likes this.
  5. CL-Lewiston

CL-Lewiston

Eric--
    It is great to see you thanking God for the abilities he gave us and the country that we can do it in... Freedom. Too many forget.

herb09, white whale and Erik like this.