Au Sable river property

Discussion in 'Land Sale - Buy - Lease' started by lmholmes11, Nov 13, 2020.

1. lmholmes11

lmholmes11

In search of property on the Au Sable River. Land with cabin or not. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

2. Trout Gun

Trout Gun

Closer to Grayling? Mio? Oscoda?

How much land?

3. lmholmes11

lmholmes11

Closer to Grayling area. Size of land doesn't really matter as long as its on the river.

4. Trout Gun

Trout Gun

I'd get ahold of Craig Hinkle at REMAX or Headwaters Realty.

A lot of acres on the mainstream will be difficult to find. There are large parcels along the North Branch. Based on the large amount of public land in the area and the ease of access to the river, I don't think a lot if land is necessary, but that is my opinion.

lmholmes11 likes this.
  5. Trout Gun

Trout Gun

Then again, I just looked at a property on Headwaters Realty website that has 46 acres on the Holy Waters. Place looks awesome.

lmholmes11 likes this.
  6. lmholmes11

lmholmes11

Thank you ill get in touch with them!

7. lmholmes11

lmholmes11

I just saw that listing. WOW

8. Trout Gun

Trout Gun

Great looking cabin, but if you look closely, you'll notice that it is no where near the water. You basically have a cabin in the woods, which is fine if that is what you want, but river frontage without a view is disappointing. I'd rather have 1 acre on the river than 46 with no view at all. Probably need to walk the property to get an accurate feel for it

lmholmes11 likes this.
  9. BumpRacerX

BumpRacerX

Yes and no to that. My new place on the AuSable will have a slight river view, but still be quite a ways back. Living here full time you learn that that mainstream in certain sections becomes a floating trailer park at times. I spend 200+ hours on the river each year and firmly believe it belongs to everyone. But there are houses with great views close to the river that have no interest to me personally.

How are you looking to use the property? Makes a difference in what area I'd look at to find the right piece for you.

10. lmholmes11

lmholmes11

Thats a good point about 'party tubers', etc. We would use the property for some fishing, along with letting the kids wade or swim in the summer time. Also, just to look at it! I'm thinking either the North or South Branch. I live in Gaylord, I'd prefer an hour or less drive

Sent from my SM-A515U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app