Atlantic salmon

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by fish squeezer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. The Terminator

The Terminator

Lance Cashler likes this.
  2. andyotto

andyotto

3. The Terminator

The Terminator

Spent about 30 minutes casting for Atlantics at Lexington before I launched to troll for Steelhead.
    Saw lots of Atlantics swimming within 5 ft of me. No interest in cleo or small rapala. Btw, tried last week Thursday at Lex and threw all kinds of small lures and had a another rod setup with 2.5 inch shiners under a slip bobber. Saw lots of fish very close by. No interest. Next year, think I will spend WAY more time on the West side fishing

4. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Spawn

There is no current in there, so the Atlantic’s, IMO, don’t have a natural reaction to things the same. In the AS and TB rivers, they’re in current, see eggs, smell other fish spawning and things feel as they should. Your fish wander around in a circle with nowhere to spawn or really go. That matters.

5. The Terminator

The Terminator

Thanks

6. walleyewizard

walleyewizard

If you are interested in Atlantic’s try trolling in the spring for them with a steelhead type set up. They catch quite a few from the saint Claire river up to tawas in shallow during the spring.