Atlantic salmon

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by fish squeezer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Again this year the Mi DNR is asking that anglers report their catches of Atlantic salmon on Lake Huron for 2015. Please take a picture of the fish showing where the fin was clipped. Along with the picture post the length weight port in which the fish was caught and whether it was caught from the boat or shore. You can post here as I will be getting the pictures and information off of here or you can email the information to [email protected]. I will make sure and get the information reported and turned in. All of this will help to see how are state plants are doing and everywhere these fish are being caught.

2. andyotto

andyotto

Got two in Tawas this morning. Little one was 2/3 lbs with no apparent clips. Larger one was 6/8 lbs and had left pec clip. [​IMG]
    3rd and 4th from top.

3. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Thanks Andy. Did you take a picture of both side of each fish by chance. The smaller one did you look real hard sometimes the clips are poor. Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it and a nice catch

4. drl_1

drl_1

[​IMG]

Caught this one in Port Sanilac this weekend. It had the left rear fin clip, I think that means it's an LSSU fish?

Fishing4Fire and ranger123 like this.
  5. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Thanks drl1. I will get it sent in. You know the length at all? Yes you are right. It is an LSSU fish. The state planted fish have the ad fin missing and do contain a coded wire tag

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  6. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

I have attached some plant numbers and clip information ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1430013343.002700.jpg

7. andyotto

andyotto

Only have pics of the one side. Here is another one of the smaller fish. The fins looked perfect only a small tear in the anal fin. [​IMG]

Blaze likes this.
  8. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Thanks Andy. Looks like an rp clip to me. The pic is hard to tell. Poor clip. Deformed? Hard to tell. Look real hard at the right front fin. Looks a little off not natural. Let me know what you think. You saw the fish in person I didn't. Awesome help.

Fishing4Fire likes this.
  9. someone11

someone11

State plants on Atlantic salmon are going to be ONLY adipose clipped. If its anything but an adipose clip its from lake state.

10. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Someone11
    You are absolutely correct. I posted a chart with planted numbers and ports along with clip info

11. drl_1

drl_1

I didn't take an exact measurement, but if I had to guess I would say 19 inches. I do know it was male, if that helps.

12. Q.P.M.

Q.P.M.

Caught this one in P.A. this morning. 19"

Attached Files:

Fishing4Fire likes this.
  13. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Qpm
    Thanks for the info. You have a length? Did you catch it from the boat or shore? Thank you so much for the help

14. fish squeezer

fish squeezer

Thanks drl 1. Appreciate it

15. RedM2

RedM2 Premium Member

Have these Atlantics had a stomach full of bait, just a few bait fish, or empty?