Asking Permission

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by BassFisher91, Nov 15, 2010.

1. BassFisher91

BassFisher91

Any of you guys here have any tips or tricks asking permission to get to hunt a field or pond. I have a loafing pond by me that is just loaded with ducks, except its private property. I really don't want to screw this up so I thought I'd come here asking for some tips on to get this pond locked down. Any help would be great.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Dress shirt, khaki's, name badge from work, Mazda RX-7 5:30 pm before supper: no

Old jeep, jeans, T-shirt, 7 year old daughter in tow, come after supper, please and thank you, sir..... Yes

3. honk ahaulic

honk ahaulic

its always a good idea to show up with a couple bags of fish or some jerky..... it works wonders... and be dressed nice.. not in your dirty work clothes
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ahartz

ahartz

and that's my loafing pond........NO :D:D

5. soccer_man48420

soccer_man48420

offer to help them out with stuff, trade a skill for the rights to hunt.... tree work.... anything to help convince them.

6. lreigler

lreigler

Yes I agree, work for hunting rights is a great way. I offer snow plowing, but Im sure you have your own options. Also dont forget to offer meat, (cleaned of course) if they allow you. Good Luck!

7. maxloadBBB

maxloadBBB

I've had good success with just being me, jean's and a decent shirt and just treating the owner with respect and being polite. I usually offer to help out around the property and always offer some meat if the owner or their family likes it.
    If permission is granted, make a friend out of the owner and stop by once in awhile. It never hurts to stop and say hey and talk for a few minutes. It almost always ensures you will have access to the land the next year if you take care of it!

8. Sander vitreus 01

Sander vitreus 01

a frozen turkey goes a long way this time of year. then again polite and freindly works 90% of the time...if u are going to get permission in the 1st place. Some property u just cant hunt for various reasons...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. dsarge390

dsarge390

I've always found it easier to beg for forgivness then to ask permission. atleast with my wife:lol:
    Good luck hope it works out for you.

10. lonzo

lonzo

if you get permission its always good to give a turkey for the holidays or ham and a potted plat always works with the wife of a farmer and always volunter help and stop in for small talk becareful some old farmers luv to talk remember them in the summer and a ham at easter