Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Ash Firewood, West Michigan

873 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Far Beyond Driven 
#1 ·
So, the power company came through and made a pre-emptive cut on the ash trees that had died and were close enough to take out their line. Dropped them right across the deer trails on my neighbor's property. Neighbor has said I can cut what I want as long as I have them out before he starts working the corn field.

Not sure if moving this stuff too far is a good idea, but the borer is a said and done deal around here at least.

So I'm piling this stuff up while the weather allows, but need to move some to make room.

$50 a face cord, $140 a full cord. Probably slightly more than that as I usually cut to 16-18" long. Split at about 6" diameter, with the exception of some forked or knotty pieces that I wasn't about try to crack. If I don't have what you're looking for, give me a week or two and I can cut it (no problem) and get it to my house (not as much fun).

I'm four miles off exit 52 (Adams / 16th) off I-196 about half way between Zeeland and Hamilton. On the right day I can help you load.

Logging Wood Trunk Tree Plant

See less See more
Reactions: fishwiz
#3 ·
So, the power company came through and made a pre-emptive cut on the ash trees that had died and were close enough to take out their line. Dropped them right across the deer trails on my neighbor's property. Neighbor has said I can cut what I want as long as I have them out before he starts working the corn field.

Not sure if moving this stuff too far is a good idea, but the borer is a said and done deal around here at least.

So I'm piling this stuff up while the weather allows, but need to move some to make room.

$50 a face cord, $140 a full cord. Probably slightly more than that as I usually cut to 16-18" long. Split at about 6" diameter, with the exception of some forked or knotty pieces that I wasn't about try to crack. If I don't have what you're looking for, give me a week or two and I can cut it (no problem) and get it to my house (not as much fun).

I'm four miles off exit 52 (Adams / 16th) off I-196 about half way between Zeeland and Hamilton. On the right day I can help you load.

View attachment 291411
Ash is nice wood to burn!

#6 ·
For the more recreational wood consumer we also sell in 4 square foot bundles for $10, 6 square foot bundles for $15, and half a face cord (16 square feet) for $30. These tend to be the smaller "tops" of the trees and not split wood.

#7 ·
Well the stuff I've been putting up lately is the stringiest, most twisted, knottiest, nastiest to split junk short of elm. Glad the first few split well or I'd given up a long time ago. Sold the face cord shown above but have two more available. $30 half a face cord, $50 a full face cord, $95 for two face cords.

Wood shown in the first picture is under a tarp in case the evil snow comes back.

Automotive tire Wood Logging Trunk Plant

Brown Wood Road surface Tints and shades Flooring

#8 ·
Just did a custom order for 20 16" long rounds 10"-12" in diameter. Had to ask. Guy hollows them out and packs them with something and they become self contained fires in a log things. Seen smaller versions at Menards but these were serious logs. Pretty cool idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.